Home

NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #41
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The tools don't so much impress me as we've seen that before...it's these different defensive styles they mention...

Is MIA really going to blitz pick and rolls?

Will IND play man to man and filter you into Hibbert?

That's a game changer and something I was going to put in the wish list thread tomorrow...

I hope it means more than each teams settings being different...
Where have you seen the force direction or off ball screens at?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Oh look, he has a zillion posts, he must know what he's talking about...

Sigh.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #43
Pro

Haval93's Arena

OVR: 13

Best Blog so far. Love the defensive options. I am wondering if the ball can be stolen at any time? If the defender sticks his hand for the steal and the ball hits his hand will the ball go loose or will the ball just go through the hand; will the steal success be determined be a rating? Also it's nice to see some motion but can players pull off these dribble moves in motion? Can I get Kyrie on a fast break to do a in-and-out to a crossover? Anyways nice video, loved the dribbling by Jennings, Williams, and Rose.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I really had a hard time reading about the defensive side of things after seeing that controls vid because all I kept thinking about is how much this game looks like Live 10 all over again - It bothers me!! I feel like EA is just repacking 10 and tryna pull the wool with this Bounce Tek jazz. Looks EXACTLY like Live 10 with how the players dribble and move. REALLY bothers me.

I do like the defensive options such as being able to force to baseline whetehr as a team or individually...but still can't get over the Live 10 similarities.
If it was totally different it wouldn't be live.. That individual defensive adjustment that you like so much was in live 10 and now improved.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #45
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I really had a hard time reading about the defensive side of things after seeing that controls vid because all I kept thinking about is how much this game looks like Live 10 all over again - It bothers me!! I feel like EA is just repacking 10 and tryna pull the wool with this Bounce Tek jazz. Looks EXACTLY like Live 10 with how the players dribble and move. REALLY bothers me.

I do like the defensive options such as being able to force to baseline whetehr as a team or individually...but still can't get over the Live 10 similarities.
you know why it looks like live 10? because sig dribbles were in live 10. the difference now is that you actually have control over them. in live 10 you just held the rt/r2 and they would do their sig dribble automatically until you stopped holding it or started moving. here you actually have to make them do their sig moves and you can branch out differently, according to the video.

seriously some people are hating just to hate without researching. video looked great, especially the transitions between dribbling and shooting. still need to see it in 5-on-5 action though.

defense sounds amazing as well, if it works as advertised. teams actually playing like themselves, and being able to adjust your own strategies against individual players or schemes. hopefully it works the way they say.

someone else said it before i got a chance to but im also wondering how dribble moves will work while youre running, specifically on a fast break. also curious about different shot types, since shooting is using the face buttons. seems like there may be a limitation to the amount of shot types that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #46
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Where have you seen the force direction or off ball screens at?
Like I said, we've seen the tools to make defensive adjustments before....yes, there are a few more here, but it's something we've seen...

Thankfully OG answered my questions, which is good to hear...

You seem to have a lot of questions for me, feel free to send me a PM if you have any more...
Old 11-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #47
Rookie

I don't know. I just can't get into live. The graphics suck. It doesn't seem any different than iso motion to me. I know that Live had the original dribble stick, but it all seems the same to me. The whole signature moves and stuff just seems the same. 2k just seems to have basketball locked now.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #48
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

First positive thing i've seen. I love it when games have depth and strategy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »