Home

NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Live has the chance to become the new Inside Drive if this plays how it reads.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnate128x
Not at all bud. Didn't see much of a difference. Maybe it's just me, but I just couldn't see it. I saw maybe a slight difference, but not much at all. That's awesome if you can see the major differences. Honestly, maybe me not liking this game is clouding my judgement with how it looks and plays, but yeah...... not for me. I don't think I'll play NBA Live until 2 or 3 years from now, if it even makes it that far.
Huh. What I don't understand is how cats can be so pro 2k, your not getting a check from these cats. 2-3 yrs, there's no doubt the look of 2k is more real feeling in the arena, but live is nice too. We havnt seen either gameplay, but cats are like "i just know". Imo their both scared. And it's bull they haven't showed the gameplay.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #35
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
I am hoping the CPU will use these defensive tools.
That's one of my biggest gripes with 2k the CPU played the same no matter what team they were using.
Yes the CPU will use these settings as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #36
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak50
Live has the chance to become the new Inside Drive if this plays how it reads.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #37
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
I really like what I am seeing from Live. All they really need to fix in my eyes, is a touch-up on the skin textures and the colors. The Clippers red does seem a bit pink. But what I will say is that they most definitely NAIL accessories and shoes.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #38
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The tools don't so much impress me as we've seen that before...it's these different defensive styles they mention...

Is MIA really going to blitz pick and rolls? Yes Miami will jump out aggresively. They will also adapt to the situation if needed.

Will IND play man to man and filter you into Hibbert? Yes, This is also something that we will be updating throughout the year if the schemes change.

That's a game changer and something I was going to put in the wish list thread tomorrow...

I hope it means more than each teams settings being different...
I hope I answered some of your question.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #39
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik

On-The-Fly individual defensive settings? That's a first.
Exactly. I love love love this idea. And I am without a doubt a 2K fanboy, I'm finally excited about the competitive factor.

Also looking for solid CF25 Dynasty owners, follow the link to get started >> PS5 P5 Dynasty Discord
Old 11-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #40
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnate128x
lol me either. I can't get excited about this game at all. Adding on all these subtle little features isn't going to sway our attention away enough from the fact that it's basically the same game we saw back in Live 10. You people can all yell at me and tell me it's not the same game. I'm fine with that actually. It still won't change how I and probably many others feel about this game. I really don't think it will sell well. I really think EA Sports will step down and give 2K the exclusive license. That's my true belief. Maybe I'm wrong and honestly I hope I am, but if they don't do something drastic within the next year, EA Sports is in big trouble.
Sorry but those aren't subtle little features man.

Defensive strategies completely change the gaming landscape. Completely. Offline and online.

When you play guys online who don't do anything but call for a Pick to free themselves up, I can adjust how I want to defend that. It now forces them to move the ball if it works as advertised.

And offline, if that Synergy/CourtIQ/whatever buzzword-of-the-day they want to use lives up to it's billing, then teams are going to play to their tendencies. You can't just play every team straight up.

None of this matters if the gameplay is trash.

But don't try to pass this off as something subtle or non-important.

If you like sim, this is something that you're screaming for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »