Home

NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #25
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Good read and nice video. I was more interested in the video from 1:18 and on. Wanted to see how players move AFTER all the stationary dribbling. So far it looked good. Would love to see a full 5on5.

Definitely heading in the right direction, as long as the same smoothness remains while playing a real game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Just like 2k14 GAMEPLAY OR BUST
Why would you want the same?
Old 11-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I really had a hard time reading about the defensive side of things after seeing that controls vid because all I kept thinking about is how much this game looks like Live 10 all over again - It bothers me!! I feel like EA is just repacking 10 and tryna pull the wool with this Bounce Tek jazz. Looks EXACTLY like Live 10 with how the players dribble and move. REALLY bothers me.

I do like the defensive options such as being able to force to baseline whetehr as a team or individually...but still can't get over the Live 10 similarities.
To add, the game should have gone gold by now so the game should completely finished by now so no more working on it by EA so where are the actual 5 on 5 vids? Definitely trying to hide the game from the consumer because they know they're gunna catch hell and they're trying wait as long as possible to show the actual gameplay thinking they can minimize sales loss. Smh.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #28
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I really had a hard time reading about the defensive side of things after seeing that controls vid because all I kept thinking about is how much this game looks like Live 10 all over again - It bothers me!! I feel like EA is just repacking 10 and tryna pull the wool with this Bounce Tek jazz. Looks EXACTLY like Live 10 with how the players dribble and move. REALLY bothers me.

I do like the defensive options such as being able to force to baseline whetehr as a team or individually...but still can't get over the Live 10 similarities.
lol me either. I can't get excited about this game at all. Adding on all these subtle little features isn't going to sway our attention away enough from the fact that it's basically the same game we saw back in Live 10. You people can all yell at me and tell me it's not the same game. I'm fine with that actually. It still won't change how I and probably many others feel about this game. I really don't think it will sell well. I really think EA Sports will step down and give 2K the exclusive license. That's my true belief. Maybe I'm wrong and honestly I hope I am, but if they don't do something drastic within the next year, EA Sports is in big trouble.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnate128x
I didn't see a whole lot of different animation dribble styles from player to player. I don't know who EA Sports is trying to kid...... They all looked like robots with plastic coating on their bodies. I'm trying to be positive about this game, but I just can't be at all. It doesn't look like it plays that good in the least. Maybe it'll be a little better than what I thought once it's released, but I highly doubt that.....
Your buggin. We all want to see the proof in the pudding if it's wack or not. But yeah- the same? Cmon guy. Those dribbles were all unique.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #30
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
Your buggin. We all want to see the proof in the pudding if it's wack or not. But yeah- the same? Cmon guy. Those dribbles were all unique.
Not at all bud. Didn't see much of a difference. Maybe it's just me, but I just couldn't see it. I saw maybe a slight difference, but not much at all. That's awesome if you can see the major differences. Honestly, maybe me not liking this game is clouding my judgement with how it looks and plays, but yeah...... not for me. I don't think I'll play NBA Live until 2 or 3 years from now, if it even makes it that far.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #31
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

The tools don't so much impress me as we've seen that before...it's these different defensive styles they mention...

Is MIA really going to blitz pick and rolls?

Will IND play man to man and filter you into Hibbert?

That's a game changer and something I was going to put in the wish list thread tomorrow...

I hope it means more than each teams settings being different...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #32
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Different defensive playstyles is going to be HUGE is done correctly.

This is all nice on paper, it only matters on the floor in 5 on 5 movement.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »