Home

New NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Signature Moves, Defense and More Info Coming This Week

This is a discussion on New NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Signature Moves, Defense and More Info Coming This Week within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-31-2013, 05:20 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: New NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Signature Moves, Defense and More Info Coming This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
The art style in this game is so DIFFERENT in comparison to 2K14. 2K going for that photorealistic look this game not so much.. Don't look downright terrible but it don't look nearly as good.
I was thinking the same thing. Liking the fact that Dwight is actually looking at the ball while blocking it.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #98
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: New NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Signature Moves, Defense and More Info Coming This

If I'm going by the screens alone I would've never guessed these were next gen. They could've released the game on current gen if they wanted to...

Good on EA though for releasing info about the game in the coming weeks.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #99
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
...if they really get this foundation set and this game is as solid or more solid than NBA Live 10 then the future is looking better for Live [b]than it ever has.[\b]
Agree with your overall post, but this...

Are we forgetting the Live franchise's previous positioning here? This was THE basketball game of choice for a long, long time. It's dominance was once thought to be on the level of Madden.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 10-31-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:35 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Elevate o
I was thinking the same thing. 2K goes for the more broadcast graphical look, while Live has the "on-court" or "in-person" look. That doesn't look BAD. But I think people are expecting a more "photorealistic" graphical style going into next-gen gaming. Live's graphics look really detailed, but it's like it's almost SO detailed it begins to look fake, and LOOK like a video game.

Hopefully, Live goes for photorealism or a "broadcast" look in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
lol wut.
LOL, that's why I usually preview what I post before I post it. I don't really know how to explain what I was trying to say, so I thought I said it as best I could. (No, I was not high or drunk).

But to me, Live puts a lot of detail in their graphics, but they don't balance it out to look natural, or what you would see in a picture or on TV. I don't know, compare 2k's in-game Dwight to Live's, and compare both to a real picture of Dwight. You can look at Live and tell it's a video game. 2k's next-gen graphics looks like the real thing sometimes.

And I'm not saying Live looks bad, they just have a different way of going about their graphics, as others have said.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #101
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Elevate o
LOL, that's why I usually preview what I post before I post it. I don't really know how to explain what I was trying to say, so I thought I said it as best I could. (No, I was not high or drunk).

But to me, Live puts a lot of detail in their graphics, but they don't balance it out to look natural, or what you would see in a picture or on TV. I don't know, compare 2k's in-game Dwight to Live's, and compare both to a real picture of Dwight. You can look at Live and tell it's a video game. 2k's next-gen graphics looks like the real thing sometimes.

And I'm not saying Live looks bad, they just have a different way of going about their graphics, as others have said.
I know exactly what you mean and I agree, this same video game perspective issue exists in Madden too, imo. EA, at least Tiburon, seems to focus on making high res video games versus making the video game look as life like as possible. This philosophy also seems to spill over into movement and animations, where EA's focus is video game control versus representing realistic motion.

The main reason EA sports games are no longer my cup of tea is due to the fact they seem to want to play up video game aspects instead of immersing the gamer with as much realism as possible. An apt comparison might be watching a movie in HD versus watching that same movie in HD at 120hz, where the movie begins to look like a live on-stage play, both look good but the latter is far more visually realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2013, 07:26 PM   #102
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

Screens look great. 2 weeks from release and still no gameplay footage, though. I'm not expecting any either.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #103
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I know exactly what you mean and I agree, this same video game perspective issue exists in Madden too, imo. EA, at least Tiburon, seems to focus on making high res video games versus making the video game look as life like as possible. This philosophy also seems to spill over into movement and animations, where EA's focus is video game control versus representing realistic motion.

The main reason EA sports games are no longer my cup of tea is due to the fact they seem to want to play up video game aspects instead of immersing the gamer with as much realism as possible. An apt comparison might be watching a movie in HD versus watching that same movie in HD at 120hz, where the movie begins to look like a live on-stage play, both look good but the latter is far more visually realistic.
It's looking like EA and 2K are Saint's Row and Grand Theft Auto with their approaches to be quite honest.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #104

OVR: 34

Something is up with the proportions. The net and rim look huge to me. Maybe it's the angle but it just looks odd to me.

There is a creepy feel to things..almost a lifeless look.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »