Home

Oktoberfest Awards: MLB '13 The Best of Baseball

This is a discussion on Oktoberfest Awards: MLB '13 The Best of Baseball within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #9
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Quite simply the greatest sports game ever made. Hands down.....no doubt in my mind.

And yes the ball physics alone are a huge leap from 12 to 13.......HUGE.

And the new score bug...was a a massive improvement....subtle yet....so big.

I still play MLB 12 too as the rosters that were available for it were incredible. And it feels different than 13. Especially hitting. The timing window is shorter.....takes a game to adjust back.

I love both titles.....but if your going to get one....13 is the game no doubt.

Pure baseball bliss.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
I have to disagree with Chris on a couple of points...
1)" Baseball being easy to replicate on a digital screen"
I guess if you're only talking graphics, then the response would be that this is because of the diverse lighting and stadiums in Baseball lends itself to a beauty that isn't replicated in any other sport.
But if you're talking gameplay, I have to strongly disagree. Baseball is so complex on so many levels.. even Hall of Fame Players and Managers still learn something new every time they go to the ballpark. Recreating that must be next to impossible.
2) Comparing the value of 13 to 12... I guess if you're from Oklahoma and raised on football, little things don't mean that much to you.
But in Baseball, even a thousandth of a percentage point over time can add up to a major adjustment. The difference between a .300 hitter and a .200 hitter is less than 2 hits a week..
That being said, the differences between 13 and 12 is two hits a week. If 13 is Wade Boggs, 12 is Omar Moreno..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »