Home

How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K

This is a discussion on How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #121
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K

They could dethrone it by buying out 2k and producing the only basketball game.

Other than that, no chance. Have you seen the footage?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #122
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Dang, they can't even show screen shots now because NBA 2k's look so much better and everybody will compare them. The only move they have next is to show raw gameplay and/or give details about their Association, Superstar, and Online modes. They should have went all in about next gen NBA Live when they had the floor to themselves, now they are being over shadowed by next-gen NBA 2K14.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #123
Banned

OVR: 0

What? Why'd my pic get taken down? This is the Live forum, but it's a thread that has to do with Live taking down 2k. I was just showing how the models for Live needed improvement.

I'm gonna just copy and paste what my dude Only1LT said on the Madden forum that I think applies here

Quote:
People making comparisons to 2K annoys you? How do you think that people who make the comparisons feel that they even have to compare the two?

2K comparisons hinder you from being able to develop the game? Is he drunk? Did he really just say that? Have we hurt your feelings? No seriously, did we? Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm just all broken up about this now. I had no idea

Comparisons are a good thing. Even 2K/ Madden comparisons, although I know the operators of this site would disagree, doesn't change the fact that they are, but they can run the site anyway they want. The bottom line is that constructive criticism almost always involves comparisons.

If you think something needs improving or is missing from the game, what are you going to do? Type up a 300 page manifesto describing what is wrong and how to fix it, or are you going to give an example based on something that is more illustrative and easily grasped? Mayhaps you make a real world comparison. This game supposedly being a sim and all, I think that makes sense. But then, somethings in the real world would be unfair to expect to be translated properly to a game. So then what do you do? Oh, I don't know. Maybe use something that is actually implemented in another game in the same genre to try and get across what ever point you are making? Oh, but then someone's feelings might be hurt I guess? Disgusting.
Funny thing is I got those pics from the 2k forum, I guess discussion is more open over there.

Last edited by royounggoku; 10-29-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #124
Just started!

That forum is very closed. I talked crew it was removed. I said there new crew was a joke, gone faster then a cheetah. You cant say anything bad about the game.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:08 AM   #125
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5

seems that way in all the forums. i thought these where set up to be that place where we could speak freely and honest about the games we love. bottom line nothing's perfect and i agree totally with criticism good or bad alongside healthy competition. that's how we get better. #nfl2kfever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2013, 03:20 AM   #126
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mof57
That forum is very closed. I talked crew it was removed. I said there new crew was a joke, gone faster then a cheetah. You cant say anything bad about the game.
I was talking about the 2k forum here on operationsports.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #127
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
I was talking about the 2k forum here on operationsports.
That's what HE was talking about as well.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #128
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesko
seems that way in all the forums. i thought these where set up to be that place where we could speak freely and honest about the games we love. bottom line nothing's perfect and i agree totally with criticism good or bad alongside healthy competition. that's how we get better. #nfl2kfever.
Games you love ? There doesn't seem to be very much love for any of these games. Some of your boys start screaming for dudes to be fired. They don't know what they are going. They are greedy. They don't care. They aren't listening. They focus more on arcades aspects. I could go on and on. You may start a thread of honest criticism, but those instantly attract the trolls to start outright bashing. And since the trolls agree with you, you don't take the time to reel your own thread back in. Then you cry when it gets locked? Come on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »