Home

Oktoberfest Awards: MLB '13 The Best of Baseball

This is a discussion on Oktoberfest Awards: MLB '13 The Best of Baseball within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-29-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Oktoberfest Awards: MLB '13 The Best of Baseball

While it may be true baseball is one of the easier games to replicate on a digital screen -- it is also true no other sports game captures its sport quite like MLB 13: The Show.

Delivering a refined and polished baseball experience, Sony has set the bar incredibly high as we head towards next-gen baseball. It's going to be somewhat ridiculous to see how detailed the next-generation of The Show titles are going to be -- because the current generation titles are already at the top of the heap.

One glance at the 'little things' thread for each Show title tells you all you need to know: MLB The Show, as a series, is a labor of love and a finely crafed product designed to deliver the ultimate baseball experience.

Read More - Oktoberfest Awards: MLB '13 The Best of Baseball
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
MVP

RandallB21's Arena

OVR: 8
I hope they either put in a relocation feature or at least a build a stadium feature so I can get my A's out of the O.co.

I know I may get hammered by fans of that stadium but I've been to 24 of the 30 MLB parks and the only one worse for baseball is Tampa IMHO. (Haven't been to Kansas City, St. Louis, Toronto, Boston, Minnesota, and Cincinnati).

The A's desperately need a new facility.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
MLB The Show hands down best sports game.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
I know we havent heard anything officially about MLBTS being a next gen title, but safe to assume or have you heard directly this news?
Old 10-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: Oktoberfest Awards: MLB '13 The Best of Baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
I know we havent heard anything officially about MLBTS being a next gen title, but safe to assume or have you heard directly this news?
I just don't see any reasonable scenario that doesn't include MLB The Show '14 being available on PS4 by May next year.

Barring a volcanic eruption that destroys the entire MLB The Show office and all their data, it just wouldn't make sense for them to pass on this opportunity.

Last edited by Bobhead; 10-29-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Oktoberfest Awards: MLB '13 The Best of Baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallB21
I hope they either put in a relocation feature or at least a build a stadium feature so I can get my A's out of the O.co.

I know I may get hammered by fans of that stadium but I've been to 24 of the 30 MLB parks and the only one worse for baseball is Tampa IMHO. (Haven't been to Kansas City, St. Louis, Toronto, Boston, Minnesota, and Cincinnati).

The A's desperately need a new facility.
This.

The only thing I regret about my Tampa franchise is that I see these other cool parks when on road trips and wish the Trop were better...
Old 10-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #7
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17
Regarding his not so good.. MLBTS13 and 12 may appear similair without change but the ball physics in 13 is a ginormis upgrade
Old 10-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19
"revolutionary features such as analog hitting and pitching". pleas give credit where credit is due. 2k was the first to do this on current gen, and refine this. this is only the second version of THE SHOW that has analog controls.
please no revisionist history.

other than that THE SHOW IS JUST PURE BASEBALL BLISS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »