Home

NBA Live 14: New Dribble Moves Information Released

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14: New Dribble Moves Information Released within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #97
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14: New Dribble Moves Information Released

Stand still dribbling looks good. What's the FPS though? Looks a little laggy.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #98
Pro

OVR: 0
Honestly this so far is the best thing released by any next gen sports game outside of fifa so big kudos for live on that. Dribbling has been done well by live in the past which made it my fav bball title then but I am still cautious about the full game. Live 10 had pretty good defense which was fun and was probably the best balanced basketball game on both sides of the ball in recent memory and a great pick and roll control. however it also had a complete lack of post up game and a lot of weird and unrealistic animations that really took you out of the moment. If they can somehow retain the fluidity of movement without skating and add a decent post game while giving us a lot better variety of animations it could be a ton of fun. We know for online ballers it doesn't have to do too much to win over some current 2k players.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #99
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I will say this much. I hope all this time they're spending on dribbling and getting that right, they put their best efforts into testing this thing out extremely thoroughly. Cause if the Lord and Savior makes another appearance at any point in game, that's a wrap the first time somebody catches it. No matter what good comes of the game, of BounceTek, it can all be erased with one outstretched arm
That made me crack up. I remember seeing Bynum stuck at half court, arms outstretched, and cancelled my preorder immediately that year.

Just left the other forum, and apparently the other game is "starting over" by dropping game modes and custom features that are standard in sports video games, like no custom music, no multi-team season, no playoff mode, no practice plays, and a bunch of others features not coming to next gen, but they say it still "looks" good.

Hands on impressions here.

There are a couple promising modes there as well(MYGM,The Park), but addition by subtraction (taking out popular features), or bringing back old features as eye candy, just to justify pricing is usually not well received by the gaming community, since you usually have to wait a few years to get it back, if ever.

I'm also not a fan of forcing people to play your RPG-sports game, from any sports video game franchise.

EA got it right in Madden, FIFA, and NHL, and I hope they get it right here too.
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 10-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #100
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

The dribbling looks great. Fluid, natural, realistic, lifelike...but where's the gameplay? I've always preferred Live's dribbling mechanics, but I really wish they'd discuss or show something other than the dribbling. As promising as the ball handling looks, it means nothing if that is the most realistic aspect of the gameplay and everything else is barebones or half assed.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #101
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Looks pretty good. I still don't like the idea of breaking out of any animation you want because that's not real basketball, but what they have there looks good.
Well at least he says the ball has to be in his hand. That alone should keep it realistic. I would make a note of that as authentic responsiveness is diff than video game responsiveness. Meaning the system should be more sim but IMO guys especially cheesers will not want to wait until the ball is in his hand.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #102
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Looks good. I really liked Live 10's dribbling (except for the behind-the-back move, which I didn't know how to perform at will). This system should be even better.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:54 AM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 6

Not going to compare this to the other game so...

Compared to any NBA live I have seen and played, this is miles and miles ahead of any nba live in terms of dribbling. So yeah this looks great.

The only issue I have is that sometimes the ball is teleporting but this is just probably an animation problem at most. The ball does not appear to be separate from the player because of this.

Hoping for videos of dribbling with contact and the like...
Old 10-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #104
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Something visually looks different about these dribbling demos than what we saw in the first gameplay video, but I can't put my finger on it.

Dribbling however looks very intuitive and fluid. I came away impressed actually. Interested to see more and see how it translates to the half court. Not whatever we saw previously which looked like complete nonsense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »