Home

FIFA Soccer 14: Ultimate Team Beginner's Guide

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 14: Ultimate Team Beginner's Guide within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA Soccer 14: Ultimate Team Beginner's Guide

FIFA Soccer 14: Ultimate Team Mode
It's that time of year again: FIFA season.

For many of you, it'll be your first time taking a plunge into the ultimate football simulator. As a football fan, how many times have you been in a pub, or school playground and put together the best squad of 11 players to create a Dream Team? In "Ultimate Team", you have the opportunity to do just that, buy winning matches, earning coins, and buying and selling as you assemble your Ultimate Team!

But are you stuck? Did you attack the mode immediately and now you're not quite sure what to do and how to climb the ladder from bronze to gold? Or do you want to know the best way to start your club? Then read on, and I'll give you quick tips as to the best way to start your Ultimate Team in FIFA 14!

Read More - FIFA Soccer 14: Ultimate Team Beginner's Guide
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / iOS / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Awesome guide, thanks!

This is my first year of trying Ultimate Team with FIFA 14. I'm actually a huge NHL fan and have been playing that for a long time... but what's interesting to me is that I'm actually enjoying the Ultimate Team experience in FIFA a little better because I don't follow soccer. Since I'm not familiar with a lot of the stars I find myself being content with the high 70-80s players and not obsessing over a "dream team" like I have been with NHL 14. I'm focusing more on underdog status and gameplay rather than top names. Because I know the names and faces of every top 100+ players in NHL 14 I've been a bit hell bent on getting my top team just right. For instance my top line is Ovechkin - Gretzky - Datsyuk (Which I'm hoping to trade for Crosby soon)... not to mention my blue line stars Weber, Karlsson, Subban, Jones, and Price between the pipes.

It's actually kind of a cool experience when you don't follow the sport.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Harrison101's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Factory
Awesome guide, thanks!

This is my first year of trying Ultimate Team with FIFA 14. I'm actually a huge NHL fan and have been playing that for a long time... but what's interesting to me is that I'm actually enjoying the Ultimate Team experience in FIFA a little better because I don't follow soccer. Since I'm not familiar with a lot of the stars I find myself being content with the high 70-80s players and not obsessing over a "dream team" like I have been with NHL 14. I'm focusing more on underdog status and gameplay rather than top names. Because I know the names and faces of every top 100+ players in NHL 14 I've been a bit hell bent on getting my top team just right. For instance my top line is Ovechkin - Gretzky - Datsyuk (Which I'm hoping to trade for Crosby soon)... not to mention my blue line stars Weber, Karlsson, Subban, Jones, and Price between the pipes.

It's actually kind of a cool experience when you don't follow the sport.
Thanks for reading Moose! (This is Harrison here)

Just thought I'd correct a small error. The TOTW Challenge is more than 150 coins, according to difficulty. I'd recommend going up to at least World Class, or even Ultimate if you're confident in your ability, as you can get up to 1,000 coins per week!

Look out for more FIFA Features soon, including team reviews!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:39 AM   #4
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: FIFA Soccer 14: Ultimate Team Beginner's Guide

For me, the key was to just keep pulling cards.

You'll get **** 99% of the time, and you'll hate everything about life and FIFA because of it, but then one day you'll pull something truly awesome (In my case, an Eden Hazard that sold for 201,000 coins) and it will be a gamechanger. You'll have enough in that moment to completely transform your team into a damn formidable side.

It just sucks that it takes like 10 games to earn enough for a Premium Gold Pack (Don't bother with the regular Gold Pack). Unless you've got some spare real money you feel like throwing at it, which I did on occasion and is probably what sped this process up.

I started a month ago. This was my team after Night 1 of playing with it:

This is my team now:

So, yeah, just keep pulling cards and hope for some luck along the way.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »