Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 10-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #665
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
How many posts do you haters have to post to let people know you hate the trailer, ea, live and the idiots who like it and their buzzwords?

Thiis way better than anything live has shown us since 10. No video was ever going to change your mindset. Maybe the great czars unbiased hands on review will. I hope so cause I owe you all a beat down online for the constant back n forth crap people post here.
Don't worry, I'm sure there will be dozens of players online on release day that you can ignite.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #666
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Well props to the other people that worked on live 10 because whatever magic wang contributed I don't feel has correlated as well on 2k. I think the constant 1 year plan of control changes proves that. And since live 10 has major issues well then wang had a part in that too.
Everything wrong is Wang's and 2k's fault. EA can do no wrong apparently. :P

Mike was the biggest factor that made Live 10 better than 9. The series DIED after he left. Whoever is still around that worked on or managed 11-13 are responsible for that debacle if you want to play the blame game. Props to the people who drove it to the ground.

Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? :P

Last edited by Sundown; 10-19-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #667
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Wait, really? Can you elaborate? What's the point if dribble moves don't work right or has issues when you're moving? That's the whole point of dribble moves in real ball.
They work just fine. What I played with had a limited set of moves off of motion and I, personally, did not like the feel. But your mileage may vary.

Quote:
You've played both. Does Bouncetek really add little to what you can already do with the Pro-stick? It seems to have better footplanting at least-- well, when you're not being defended close and dribbling in place.
What I played with was VERY early. Didn't have the artifacts of 2K13 (at the time, that was my frame of reference), but didn't feel as good either. But it was early and I made it a point of not trying to compare the 2. Still don't want to do that. The way I see it, if I want to play 2K, I'll play 2K.

Quote:
There are also times it looks kind of bad with animations all sped up-- which makes me ask, WHY DOES EA constantly speed up their animations in inappropriate and weird looking ways?
I don't know if they do that intentionally. I don't even know if it's the animations or just me. So I don't dock them for that sort of thing.

Quote:
Madden has this problem even for a basic thing like the throw animation. If you need a faster animation, go and capture one. Or else you lose the nuances of inertia and momentum.
You can only capture what you can get out of the actors.

Quote:
EA needs to stop thinking that their games are "just games" and that no one cares about obvious, glitchy looking visual hacks. They need to think about what looks good and what just looks stupid, which another company seems to pay a lot of attention to.
As long as their fans/customers are still OK with that stuff, why would they waste resources to address it, right?
Old 10-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #668
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Well props to the other people that worked on live 10 because whatever magic wang contributed I don't feel has correlated as well on 2k. I think the constant 1 year plan of control changes proves that. And since live 10 has major issues well then wang had a part in that too.

Maaaannnnnn......I have ****ing seen it all now. We've officially hit rock bottom of this discussion. My man gonna give everybody on the team but Wang credit for the good parts of his holy grail of basketball games and somehow single out just Mike for all the bad that was in the game at the same time. Earth today.

I hope my man Mike is reading this **** and having himself a nice big smile with his heels kicked back looking at his stack of 2K11, 2K12, 2K13, 2K14 CG and 2K14 NG sitting next to his stack of Live 10, errr moving on, ummm okay, ehhh nevermind.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #669
Banned

OVR: 2

When did I say his efforts did nothing for live or 2k? I think the best we've seen of him so far is when he collaborated with live thx to their support, employees and tech. He was able to help solidify the dribbling from 9 in one year and who knows whatelse. He's had 3 on 2k with their staff and it still doesn't feel good to me in lots of aspects.

My other point is that if live 10 is the **** show you claim it be well part of that is because of him then too so stop just ragging on ea.

As far as the new staff I like they looked to someone familiar with live 10 and FIFA.

I'm not here to argue. I like the trailer and live.

Last edited by Sirs; 10-19-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #670
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
When did I say his efforts did nothing for live or 2k? I think the best we've seen of him so far is when he collaborated with live thx to their support, employees and tech. He was able to help solidify the dribbling from 9 in one year and who knows whatelse. He's had 3 on 2k with their staff and it still doesn't feel good to me in lots of aspects.

My other point is that if live 10 is the **** show you claim it be well part of that is because of him then too so stop just ragging on ea.

As far as the new staff I like they looked to someone familiar with live 10 and FIFA.

I'm not here to argue. I like the trailer and live.
Now you're putting words in people's mouths. Who said Live 10 was a **** show? Don't worry, I'll wait. The general consensus around here is that Live 10 is the best effort they've put out in years if not the best version ever. That said, there was still a TON wrong with it because there simply wasn't enough time to fix everything.

But don't worry I won't talk Live and 2K with you any further now.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #671
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
You mean the same people that stayed to create the wonderful Elite 11 title?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #672
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

As a basketball game, it looked good. But as a next gen title, after seeing 2K's trailer, it didn't look too impressive.

I was real hoping this would look impressive but it just looked 'good', in relation to the competition.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »