Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 10-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #649
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons
Huh!? So I'll buy a Kia, not because I like Kias but because of the competition it creates with Mercedes

Really?
Exactly. I question the people who throw money at billion dollar corporations and their thought process. EA/Devs Still going to eat. Including the Maintenance crew. They will survive. They have for the 3 year drought. This is an apologist's thinking. Its soft. The best way to get the message across is don't buy the game.

I wonder if these people are the same people who said they would get a xbox one despite of draconian DRM and price tag, cause it supports competition. Microsoft didn't listen until their pockets were hurting.

I have no problem with a person buying it cause its diff, but buying it to support competition, I'm sorry, that's the most ******** thing I ever heard. I get a little annoyed seeing that type of post on message boards, on youtube, on websites. The nba isn't going to close the book on ea. They maintained the stance that they want an Open license.

Ea isn't going to close the book on the NBA cause its far too marketable and profitable to turn your back on. Especially a company that is made 5B just last year http://www.nba.com/2012/news/11/13/s...ba-revenue.ap/

So can the whole, I'm buying it so this series doesn't disappear bull****
Old 10-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #650
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Some players obviously worse or better than others. Nash is iffy, but I think Irving's face looks very good. Not 2k worthy but commendable effort IMO
Irving's head model and textures ARE very good. So are the six guys they head scanned. Except Live jacks it up with its sub par lighting and shaders.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #651
Banned

OVR: 2

How many posts do you haters have to post to let people know you hate the trailer, ea, live and the idiots who like it and their buzzwords?

Thiis way better than anything live has shown us since 10. No video was ever going to change your mindset. Maybe the great czars unbiased hands on review will. I hope so cause I owe you all a beat down online for the constant back n forth crap people post here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #652
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
i don't care if ppl didn't like the trailer. "looked better than I expected" because I wasn't expecting much. expected them to put out a game and improve in live 15. don't know what high expectations some of you had.
Well, some of us play this other game. It's quite good. And now it's next-gen version looks phenomenal.

We expected something like that. Kind of silly to, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Thiis way better than anything live has shown us since 10.
This is true. I admit the Live series now has a heartbeat.

Quote:
No video was ever going to change your mindset.
No video made with Live 14, because the game LOOKS TERRIBLE on so many fronts.

A video showing a game that looks phenomenal, has few visual issues, realistic textures, near photorealistic lighting, no animation hitches, human-like movement and expressions, passable basketball AI, and made with the actual game engine-- a video like that would change some of our minds.

You know where we might see one of those?
Old 10-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #653
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
How many posts do you haters have to post to let people know you hate the trailer, ea, live and the idiots who like it and their buzzwords?

Thiis way better than anything live has shown us since 10. No video was ever going to change your mindset. Maybe the great czars unbiased hands on review will. I hope so cause I owe you all a beat down online for the constant back n forth crap people post here.
Agreed, if it was a perfect game they would still troll this thread
Old 10-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #654
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Agreed, if it was a perfect game they would still troll this thread
You don't know that. And you won't until Live actually looks good. But since it doesn't look like a perfect game, or even a very good game, your speculation is kind of moot.

Live looks like a mediocre-to-bad looking game with a few good elements. That's what the video shows and until proven wrong, we'll believe what we see. We'll just continue to evaluate using our eyes and our heads-- without having to make excuses for obvious flaws we see and downplaying things that look good just because it's not in a product by our favorite brand. What a crazy concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
I think they have what's most common in writers. The first draft of a book a writer does is absolutely terrible 100% of the time. Why? Because we didn't write what we think we wrote and we didn't explain what we thought they explained, hence plotholes everywhere. Why is that? Because we are too close to the writing (or product in this case). We need to take a stepback, wait for a month or two, then look at it again or send it out for feedback/get it cleaned up by a professional editor because that's what editors are for.
This is also why Christian Bale's batman voice is dumb, and actually gets dumber with each movie.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #655
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Yes, you can do some moves while moving. But there's a cost. I'll just say that.
Wait, really? Can you elaborate? What's the point if dribble moves don't work right or has issues when you're moving? That's the whole point of dribble moves in real ball.

Do you go into that ridiculous Rose stutter step animation? It's kind of hilarious he took 10 little robotic steps when he could have just taken 3 normal ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Really? They're already on a redesign of the dribbling system (2K11) and it's already capable of everything you see touted in Bouncetek.
You've played both. Does Bouncetek really add little to what you can already do with the Pro-stick? It seems to have better footplanting at least-- well, when you're not being defended close and dribbling in place. There are also times it looks kind of bad with animations all sped up-- which makes me ask, WHY DOES EA constantly speed up their animations in inappropriate and weird looking ways? Madden has this problem even for a basic thing like the throw animation. If you need a faster animation, go and capture one. Or else you lose the nuances of inertia and momentum.

EA needs to stop thinking that their games are "just games" and that no one cares about obvious, glitchy looking visual hacks. They need to think about what looks good and what just looks stupid, which another company seems to pay a lot of attention to.

Last edited by Sundown; 10-19-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #656
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Well, some of us play this other game. It's quite good. And now it's next-gen version looks phenomenal.

We expected something like that. Kind of silly to, I guess.

This is true. I admit the Live series now has a heartbeat.

No video made with Live 14, because the game LOOKS TERRIBLE on so many fronts.

A video showing a game that looks phenomenal, has few visual issues, realistic textures, near photorealistic lighting, no animation hitches, human-like movement and expressions, passable basketball AI, and made with the actual game engine-- a video like that would change some of our minds.

You know where we might see one of those?
Key word being looks. If you asked me which videos look better between live 10 and 2k10-14 I'd say 2k looks better. But to me live plays better and still does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »