Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #569
Rookie

OVR: 0
Those are some awkward, skinny looking player models. X360 version looks okay overall.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #570
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
We can tell that Live will be herky jerky from the trailer. And yes, that will affect our experience of gameplay.
I was going to say the exact same thing, especially on the defensive end. Visually, looks pretty good, but from the player movement in the trailer, I would be a little worried.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #571
MVP

Jumpman232's Arena

OVR: 12

I see alot of positives in this trailer.

The dribbling was smooth, looks like there will be some combinations that will lead to some deadly crossovers. The post animations on the Kobe scene were nice. Shooting animations look smooth. NO MORE SLOW MOTION ALLEY OOP lol.

The bad thing, DEFENSE. The defense were nonexistent on various plays. Lots of herky jerky/sliding type movements were happening during all of the crossover scenes. The Nash pick-n-roll play still annoys me, just alot of things wrong with that play.

I like what I saw, it reminds me of Live 10, and that can mean great things. It still looks like it needs lots of work, but this is the "3 year cycle." But as far as something to build on, this is pretty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #572
Rookie

XpEeRuHmEnT's Arena

OVR: 3
*sigh* This is the exact reason why people were saying that they should have released something earlier, because after seeing 2K's Next Gen trailer. Nothing they put out will even cause a fart of hype. Such a shame, this was like Netflix taking over Blockbuster's market. Completely wiped them off the map.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #573
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
o ok. i hear you smh
So the game *won't* be jerky even though it looks that way? So terrible and twitchy animations won't affect your gameplay?

What you're saying is the equivalent of watching someone spit in your food and saying, I can't judge because I haven't eaten it yet! :P
Old 10-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #574
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Ugh, the spastic bad animations need to follow suit especially Curry's defense on Deron:
Why would someone do that? live 10 that game was a great foundation
Old 10-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #575
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
You know what? I REALLY LIKED IT.

Positives: The dribbling looked good. The shots look spot on, the animations looked better. Not bad. Wasn't as good as 2K's trailer, but not bad.

Negatives: That Steve Nash clip still made me hurl. The net physics are still lackluster, but not enough to take you out of the immersion. No, the PS2 like dunk animations where the fingers don't even connect on the rim do that for you. That last dunk was bleh.

Edit: Looking back at some of the dunks...there was 1 nice dunk, and that was the D-Wade dunk. Everything else was meh. It's like there was something missing from them. I think it was because I could only get a sense of ferocity from D-Wade's dunk. The others didn't have enough force IMO.
my sentiments exactly. Just on aesthetic appeal alone this game will not measure up to 2k but this is expected since EA has been gone for so long they have to start somewhere. Although you would think issues like the net physics would have been fixed since they had so long to work on it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #576
Rookie

Escobeats's Arena

Shoes and lighting look next-gen rest of the game looks like it has still been left in current gen, Just being honest and I would be lying if I didn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »