Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #353
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This will be a download for me. If 2k actually promises that it's not a port from current gen then I'll be getting 2k.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #354
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

I'm sick and tired of both of these companies acting like cowards by not showing playable gameplay angles. It is a direct slap in the face. These people have to SELL their games to us. There are no demos. Zoom in on most stuff with consoles this powerful and it will look good. That being said...

This game animates exactly like Live 2009. I don't know why people keep pointing to Live 10 but the hitch on the jump shots is clearly 2009 animations.

And it is so obvious that rocket dunks are back. Just look at Derrick Rose's gather and then he just launches up to the rim. You can also see it on Terrance Ross' dunk and Dwyane Wade's dunk.

Something more concerning is I get a feeling that EA is trying to hide something. There were only 2 playable angles to see. One was the Nash P&R which we already saw. The second was Knicks ball vs. the Cavs. If you look there is someone on the Knicks curling around the 3 point line before Melo receives the ball. I think it's Felton. Well dude is moving at lightning speed.

Forget Ignite. KDRE pointed it out...that old ANT is really messing things up for them. They need to scrap it ASAP. Things aren't smooth at all. As nice as DWill's size up looked (best part of the trailer IMO), something about it is just off.

I don't know. Watch Dogs, Drive Club. Madden looks like crap. 2K is hesitant to drop gameplay. This is really underwhelming when I thought I'd be pumped for next gen.

But this trailer makes it look like Live 10 never came out. It looks like a next gen version of Live 2009 with better dribbling and an updated soundtrack and that is sad.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #355
Rookie

The only basketball game I have been playing yearly is 2k. I started when I was 10 with 2k5. The only Live game i played was Live 10 and it was good but it wasn't better than 2k10 in my opinion.

Real question: Can someone help me understand what Live offers/or 2k lacks that would make you consider to buy it over 2k? Im biased to 2k and I feel that I may not be seeing what some others are seeing. In this trailer besides the dribbling and some of the signature shots it looked bad to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #356
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Y'all keep complaining that it looks like Live 10, but no complaints that 2k14 looks like 2k10. Whatever, I prefer Live.
In what possible way?

Old 10-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #357
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Some actual 5-on-5, I guess.

But graphically it's not anywhere close to what NBA 2K is doing.

I'm trying to figure out what EA is using the extra power to do. Is it signature skills? AI? Synergy-related information?

If 2K shows a deep feature list and new gameplay (and early reports seem to indicate they will) then I can't understand what EA is doing with the extra horsepower in the new systems.

It's not on player models, that's for sure. And while the models aren't hideous to me, they just aren't life-like.

Again, I have no problem if a game released it's models cell-shaded and still played an awesome 5-on-5.

I will wait and see if Live can deliver in that regard. But, right now, it looks like a more detailed current gen. Which is exactly the same for Madden and FIFA. That's disappointing.
I think it's time we face the truth: EA is lazy. They mislead everyone again with not only the initial next-gen Madden 25 trailer from E3, but they also did it with FIFA 14 & Live 14. And, as we all know now, none of those next-gen titles look any different from their current-gen iterations.

In fact, one could say they could pass for PC versions of current-gen games. That's how bad they look.

2K is blowing Live out the water, and it's not even funny...
Old 10-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #358
Rookie

NikeBlitz's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't know, obviously i can't judge the gameplay yet, but the trailer looks "amateurish" TBH compared to other productions from the industry (at least for AAA games).
Old 10-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #359
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">
You quoted exactly what I explained. Of course the game looks like that, but we aren't going to playing at an angle that makes their facial animations as prominent a part of the game as they were in this trailer. And it's their facial animations, more than anything else, that sets them apart graphically to Live.

When the camera is less zoomed, as is the case when the Lakers are pursuing LeBron on his dunk attempt or, or when the Warriors player(Draymond Green?) is standing afar in the frame of James Hardens FT attempt, the visuals lose a little of their luster.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #360
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
I think it's time we face the truth: EA is lazy. They mislead everyone again with not only the initial next-gen Madden 25 trailer from E3, but they also did it with FIFA 14 & Live 14. And, as we all know now, none of those next-gen titles look any different from their current-gen iterations.

In fact, one could say they could pass for PC versions of current-gen games. That's how bad they look.

2K is blowing Live out the water, and it's not even funny...
Personally, I don't think you know what you're talking about to be honest. People that have played Fifa 14 in this very thread have already contradicted your statements about it not appearing next gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »