Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #345
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Y'all keep complaining that it looks like Live 10, but no complaints that 2k14 looks like 2k10. Whatever, I prefer Live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #346
Banned

OVR: 2
Looked pretty good to me. Dribbling and shots looked great. Its definitely an upgrade from LIVE 10 and i had a lot of fun with that game. I think some people will be pleasantly surprised with LIVE 14. A lot of guys on here go in with a negative attitude towards the game and will never see any positives. Dont expect greatness year one. Just goodness. We should all be excited about the future of next-gen basketball.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #347
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Y'all keep complaining that it looks like Live 10, but no complaints that 2k14 looks like 2k10. Whatever, I prefer Live.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #348
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
There's some serious viral marketing in this thread right now...
Old 10-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #349
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White
I think the cinematic direction 2k was aiming for is obvious. The bulk of their video is slowed and extremely zoomed, while showing very little action beyond open lane dunks. The faces look amazing, but we wont be playing the game on angles that makes 2k's advance in facial animations as obvious and prominent as their trailer did.

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">
Old 10-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #350
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
I'm not as in to the basketball games as I am the football games but, 2k's trailer was much better. For me 2k has been much more realistic as far as gameplay in this current gen. Lives gameplay looks much like the 2010 version in this trailer. I thought about getting both but, as of now I'm not spending my money on Live. Nash doesn't even look like Nash. lol If you like it and buy fine, I'm 99% sure I won't be.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #351
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Some actual 5-on-5, I guess.

But graphically it's not anywhere close to what NBA 2K is doing.

I'm trying to figure out what EA is using the extra power to do. Is it signature skills? AI? Synergy-related information?

If 2K shows a deep feature list and new gameplay (and early reports seem to indicate they will) then I can't understand what EA is doing with the extra horsepower in the new systems.

It's not on player models, that's for sure. And while the models aren't hideous to me, they just aren't life-like.

Again, I have no problem if a game released it's models cell-shaded and still played an awesome 5-on-5.

I will wait and see if Live can deliver in that regard. But, right now, it looks like a more detailed current gen. Which is exactly the same for Madden and FIFA. That's disappointing.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #352
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
CG 2K14, yes (we were actually complaining on that.) NG, no. Just no.

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »