Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #329
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
No I honestly think they're not Live 14 looks so plasticky while 2k looks like well this...

Can you honestly say anything in that Live trailer looked as good as this?
My impressions are here:

Quote:
People need to understand the contextual differences between the 2k trailer and the Live trailer. The former has an obvious advantages in facial animations, but outside of that, you can credit a lot of the perceived gap in graphic production to the distinct methodologies behind how the clips were captured. One is slow moving, makes heavy use of zoom, and features a ton of cinematic cut screens/sequences in moments where the action is stopped or slowed.(pre game, free throw, time out, etc). The other moves at real time, while focusing more on signature dribble packages/shots(Kyrie, D. Williams, Lilliard, Duncan, Green, Melo, etc), and actual gameplay sequences.

2k's trailer was probably prettier, and therefore had more of a "wow" factor, but Live has a lot of good here as well. There were a few moments that were questionable, mostly on the defensive side, and I hope the crowd sits for a breather during actual gameplay, but for the most part, it looks good. Bouncetek could definitely be something that pushes the genre forward if it plays as smoothly as it appears in this trailer. EA isn't totally there just yet, but they're moving in the right direction. NBA Live 14 looks like it can the solid base for reestablishment that EA has long needed.
When it's less zoomed in, 2k's models like like higher resolution versions of those they've had for years. The facial animations have taken leaps, and the jerseys are better animated, but no, I'm not as taken back by 2k's visuals as some of you obviously are. I suspect the games will appear similar graphically on an HDTV.

Last edited by Chalky White; 10-18-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #330
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White

Side by side comparison video of the two trailers. People are really exaggerating the difference in quality between the two trailers.
Take off the EA fanboy glasses. It's really not close.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #331
Rookie

OVR: 2
I watched the trailer and the first thought that came to mind was this Jay Z line: "A gun in your face and that's all you can come up with?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #332
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPerson
Take off the EA fanboy glasses. It's really not close.
It's less that I am a fanboy per say, and more that I am not a sheep.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #333
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White
My impressions are here:

When it's less zoomed in, 2k's models like like higher resolution versions of those they've had for years. The facial animations have taken leaps, and the jerseys are better animated, but no, I'm not as taken back by 2k's visuals as some of you obviously are. I suspect the games will appear similar graphically on an HDTV.
So you're saying aside from the faces everything else looks better because of the camera angles?
Old 10-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #334
Rookie

OVR: 2
Sigh all hope in EA sports in the realm of basketball and football is almost completely gone now.
Bring back NFL 2K please.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #335
Rookie

This game is a complete disgrace to basketball fans. How can people damage control this? You can tell from the trailer that BounceTek is SUPER overpowered. The point guards just blow right by the defenders. At the 0:29 clip, look at Stephon Curry's feet. What is he doing?!!??! In this man tap dancing??!!. Just look at the defenders feet while the ballhandler is dribbling. They are all flat footed, hunched over, tall and slender, and ice skating. The NBA is not going to be pleased after they watch the Youtube trailer. The video has more dislikes than likes. I was extremely hyped for this game, but I just canceled the pre-order. This looks more like an arcady type of game you just mess around with your friends. Someone posted that if Lives gameplay isn't 1000% this is going to be bad for EA. This video just ruined my Friday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #336
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Stiff animations... Current gen graphics... Pretty much looks like a current gen game in every way possible.

I'll pass

https://www.twitch.tv/ky3217

CFB 25 Online Dynasty News and Gaming News Here:

https://www.twitch.tv/boyzoffall

https://www.youtube.com/@Boyz_of_Fall

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »