Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #217
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Does anyone think it looks/plays better than current gen 2K?
Old 10-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #218
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

OVR: 4
How can some people say this looks good for a Next Gen game? This looks atrocious.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #219
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
I expect the leap from Live 14 to Live 15 to be significant. I feel like once they get this turkey off their back and release the game they can relax, and look forward to next year and all the time they have to plan and prepare.

It's like when you're in school and you're passing in that paper last minute and your working on it way into the night, then once you finish and finally pass it in you're like whoo! Now it's over I can slow down and focus.

Live 15 should really show us what EA and these next gen consoles are capable of.
Wait, hold up for a second. Turkey off their back? Never heard that one.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 10-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #220
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm in....Trailers can be deceiving on graphics. I like the look of it and seems to be a good change to the obvious. Just hoping for good franchise mode with good stats, draft, and overall presentation. EA , please remember, people still play off-line.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #221
Fire GarPax!

Permatron's Arena

OVR: 4

Like others have said the dribbling looked good. Thats something they should be able to build on but I don't like it as the focus of the game. Focus should be on either side of the ball (O or D) if not both. It's something fresh if you just want a different game to play.

Everything else in this video didn't impress me enough to the point to where I was saying "wow" or "that was nice". The video itself didnt have any replay value (although I did watch it a few times to collect enough info to talk about) unlike the other game to where I was watching it over and over and over. Not saying it was horrid by any means especially if EA leans towards making it an improvement to Live 10, but comparing it to the other game its like day and night. It looked decent at best to me.

Now I know we haven't received a straight up gameplay video from a Users standpoint to compare the to games, but from what we have seen so far Live still has some work to do to challenge the throne. As long as EA moving forward and not backward Im not going to hound them, but they have to take a look at their game compared to the other and say to themselves "just what is it that we are not getting right".

Lets just put it this way...if I were relying on Live 14 on its own to justify if I were to drop $400+ on a Next Gen console or not...I'd stick with current gen this time around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #222
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by napecori
Not quite 2k but i LOVE the MELO stutter step in that clip
agreed that was pretty nice.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #223
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

After watching again...

I try to be objective as possible...and I want Live to succeed, I really do...

but how do you have this much "jerkiness" in. TRAILER? You can clearly see animation translations in the Rose/Melo clips..

It's a trailer, You're supposed to at least try to cover these things up...

Leads to me ask: is it that prevalent in the game they couldn't find clips without it?
Old 10-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #224
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
Can't tell if serious....
What i meant by that is that they haven't solved some of the problems that, let's say, Live 10 had. D Roses dunk looks choppy as ****, it's like his arm is being magnetized towards the rim. The ball physics seems weird - like it's only a few grams. Of ball movement seems to be lacking. One of the biggest selling points for EA's next gen sports titles was "Living Worlds", where the atmosphere would really come to live....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »