Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Okay I can admit after watching it a few times, and comparing it to any previous live, it looks not so bad.. I take back my previous statements about the dribbling.. It looks good. Something is off about how the players move tho, they look kinda hunched over but in a weird way. That's definitely still throwing me off
Old 10-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #170
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
its about what i expected. the dribbling looked awesome, best in any bball game to date. but the defenders still looked stiff. i saw sliding for sure but not as bad as in the past. i thought the defense looked good except the rose clip (where was noah's defender), and there were some realistic looking contests on the jump shots. nice to see hands in the face of a shooter instead of going for the block. lillards clip looked the best i think. i think the rim looks too big, but the net moved realisticly. i liked the facial expressions (lillard lol) but its not even close to 2ks. its a good start for the reboot. not sure why ppl think theyve been working on it for 4 years. the teams new this year not even the same head guy from 13.
Yea, it may not be the same team.. but like I mentioned earlier....THIS IS bascially Live 13 judging from the look of last years trailer. They aren't fooling anyone. Go back and watch Live 13 trailer then watch 14's trailer. SAME GAME!!! IGNITE ENGINE MY ***
Old 10-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #171
Pro

OVR: 6

One of the many things that concerns me is the dribbling.

It looks good on certain players because that's how they dribble (ie. Deron Williams and Kyrie Irving).

But Derrick Rose's sequence of dribbles didn't look anything like his dribbling style. If that were a silhouette, I probably wouldn't have guessed it was Rose. D-Rose has a very distinct "herky jerky" dribble when breaking down his opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #172
MVP

OVR: 8

Wish we could see some passing. That alley oop looked really good, imo.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #173
Rookie

EA, what the hell have y'all been doing for the past 3 years. I'll have it come through gamefly. I'm sorry but that was not impressive. The dribbling looked cool but that's it.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #174
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Once Lillard started dribbling the trailer got real.

I think they really have a gem with this bouncetek business and it's something they can build off and call their own. If going forward you hear 2k redesigned their dribbling engine and are giving the ball real physics you know where they got the idea.

I'll be buying both 2k and Live for PS4, go ahead and judge me. Most likely 2k first but I'll definitely buy both. I just like basketball games. I mean I been buying every game for as long as I can remember every game has something whether its NBA Ballers, NBA Street, NBA the Show, NBA 2k, or NBA Live.

For as long as I remember I've always bought them all, I just enjoy the sport that much, and the online competition is what keeps me playing. Ultimate team should be fun.

Also finding a point guard who's dribbling appeals to you should be fun too, and learning the different play styles. I hope in the future they do to the post game what they did with the dribbling, adding tons of authentic packages for players, to add variety and skill of learning to the game.
Never heard of this before
Old 10-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #175
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 504 Boy
Yea, it may not be the same team.. but like I mentioned earlier....THIS IS bascially Live 13 judging from the look of last years trailer. They aren't fooling anyone. Go back and watch Live 13 trailer then watch 14's trailer. SAME GAME!!! IGNITE ENGINE MY ***

Stop pinning your opinions as facts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #176
MVP

Why do people keep saying "last 3 years"? They've only been working on this for around a year when next-gen was announced and the hardware has been out for less time than that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »