Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamoyou401
is it a bad time to ask for another nba street for next gen?
THAT....would be SICK!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #146
Rookie

OVR: 0
it actually doesnt look bad to me... the beginning of the trailer not so much , but once they got in to it it was pretty damn good
Old 10-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #147
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Even though I'm a basketball game casual, it's hard not to be bias against EA Tiburon for me due to what they've done with football games. So taking that into account, what stuck out to me in this trailer and the teaser earlier is the lack of facial expressions in close ups for drives, after I thought that was touted as a next gen upgrade. Also I noticed that the posters that are giving the trailer credit keep referring to "fun", not realism, eerily similar to how gamers do with Madden. To each their own but I have no idea when the bar for a sports simulation video game became just that it's fun to play regardless of how realistic the experience is, NBA Jams is fun but would that be an acceptable sports simulation video game with 5 on 5 and NBA rule upgrades? lol

After seeing this trailer I expect NBA Live to set a business model where they draw in a certain cult following and get some crossover consumers that either buy both games or just want to try something different. I don't think that's a bad business model and I'm glad the gamers that enjoy this kind of game have it to enjoy again.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #148
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 14 Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
I'm sure that is just because it's a trailer. They're trying to show off dunks but I will hold final judgement till I see extended game play.

So far so good for Live.
They went out of their way to label this a 5-on-5 gameplay trailer, which would lead one to expect that some defense would be present.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 10-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #149
MVP

OVR: 8

I understand why some people are harsh, but to quote 2k all tbe time is really annoying.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #150
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Looked alright to me....

Strictly 4 My Jeeps was a nice touch.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #151
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I liked the soundtrack though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #152
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
People have their own opinions. Respect that. If you don't agree, that's fine.

Personally, I thought the game looked a bit "jerky". The Rose dunk, reminded me of the rocket dunks from 07. He's explosive, but that whole animation looked a bit rough.

Overall, I see a lot of Live 10 here, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Isn't a good thing, but not a bad thing. Was really looking forward to seeing "where" Live was at in their next gen rebuild. I may get it on a price drop, but I doubt I'll spend the initial $60 on it. I'm sure I'll be able to find plenty of used copies in a month or two.

Glad to have another option for future iterations, but I won't be included in the "Phase 1" of the 3 Year Cycle. Not this time.

Final note. In my opinion, didn't look bad though. Just not yet ready to compete for a full price purchase.
I agree with you 100 % I'm glad Live is back, competition is good for both games but I just can't see myself buying this game for $60 and taking time away from next gen 2k14 to play it. Maybe down the road on a price drop or a future version of Live (15 ?).......Like you, I've gone thru this last gen (06, 07...yeah I bough it, 08 and then when it finally started to get decent 09 and 10 which I enjoyed as a change of pace). Just not going to throw away cash and time this go around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »