Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #105
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

I really enjoyed it. Dribbling and shot animations look great, the game looks fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #106
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

The dribbling looks official!

The best part about it is it's NBA Live, so I know the control I have over those moves is gonna be on point. Did you see the way Brandon Jennings had Michael Carter-Williams knees buckling. I really like the way the game looks, and I can already see myself having fun online with it.

The Physicality in the post looked great too.

Kobe went at Wesley Matthews and he took the bump, it seems like there's some real time physics going on, and that's a positive for the post game in general. You could even hear the grunt when he bumped him

The Variety in the dribbling looks good

When Damian Lillard started dribbling I just started smiling, I am going to be breaking some ankles online. Off the iso, off the pick and roll, on the fast break, I just really see myself enjoying this game. Once again I think it's the control that excites me. Not in a cheesy way either, but using the control of the dribbling to my advantage.

The Graphics aren't bad but it is very Live like

I don't think that's a bad thing, I mean graphics can always improve, but the players definitely looked like themselves, it just isn't the giant leap you expect from next gen but it doesn't take away from the game in my opinion.

The potential is there, and this is a great base.

Live already said they know they aren't going to come out and overthrow 2k this year, and I think the while world knows that, but they are placing the right pieces. They have so much to build off, and it's nice because the game is not all animation driven but there's a realness to it. Seeing players stumble, and feet shuffling is cool and something that can only improve.

I think this game has amazing potential, mostly because it's not all just good looking animations but more user control. Which means to me stick skills are very important. Something essential when playing online.

I like what I see honestly, it's encouraging.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 0
I WATCHED THIS TRAILER TWICE. I"m a 2k fan but want to buy live but was a little disappointed. People I"ve changed my mind. Watch the trailer several times and pause. Nba live does have some good elements to it. The gameplay isn't entirely bad like I thought. The ball handling is pretty well and most characters are truly detailed. What live will lack this year is the skin textures but let them pass and give them time to build. Support them. They might have better game modes because 2k doesn't give a **** about game modes
Old 10-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #108
Pro

exposedaking's Arena

Should be a nice alternative.

Dribbling looks fun, quick and explosive.

Player faces were great

I like some of the sig shots

Some of it looked a little stiff

Two bball games for me

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 1

This game "seems" to play like live 10 which makes me wonder, why the hell did you take 3 yrs off then?!? Don't look like EA scrapped anything...New console, same old EA

psn: cmjones for 2k & madden sim gms now Free
Old 10-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #110
Rookie

Halloween's Arena

Looks like Live 10 with minor visual improvments, but nothing like next gen. That being said, Fifa doesnt look like next gen either so it could be the EA "we dont want to invest money, we wanna milk yall" syndrom.

All in all, it doesnt look that bad for EA to cancel it but having to discuss it speaks for itself. They REALLY need to step up their game for next year or that competion for 2k wont last long.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #111
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley3
Everyone seems to just focus on graphics this trailer is good! I can tell you it's gonna be more authentic than 2k and gameplay will be much better

I already used the 23 special...this is an appropriate time to use the Matrix special in this one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #112
Rookie

I WATCHED THIS TRAILER TWICE. I"m a 2k fan but want to buy live but was a little disappointed. People I"ve changed my mind. Watch the trailer several times and pause. Nba live does have some good elements to it. The gameplay isn't entirely bad like I thought. The ball handling is pretty well and most characters are truly detailed. What live will lack this year is the skin textures but let them pass and give them time to build. Support them. They might have better game modes because 2k doesn't give a **** about game modes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »