Home

NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #393
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
EA's player models do have a cartoony look. I am sort of okay with it but not.

I could see myself playing a cell shaded basketball game if the gameplay was very good.

I think it's EA's animations that bother me most. Always have. They just irk me. But again, very good gameplay will allow me to overlook a hunch back or two.

Sent from my mobile device.
I felt the same way about Live 10. Some of the animations were bad, the rim and net physics were hilariously bad, but the gameplay was still good so I managed to overlook the flaws to a degree.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #394
Rookie

bran9413's Arena

OVR: 4

There is nothing wrong with the player models in my opinion but I'm going to make a full judgement of this game when the gameplay video comes out tomorrow. I do feel they should release the game regardless of what happens because at this point they have nowhere to go but up and if the game isn't that good they can improve on it for next year's game. I'm gonna buy both basketball games for the next gen anyways.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #395
Pro

OVR: 6

I am surprised this is next gen. It looks like current gen to me...Steve Nash doesn't look like Steve Nash. I thought after seeing Kyrie Erving and other trailers...i thought i am going to be seeing some real looking graphics...what the hell...why are they still have all the players hunchback...OMG lol...that's one of the most hate thing about NBA LIVE games to me...like when you see them run...everyone seems to hunchback forward like they have guns on their shoulder...it's ridiculous lol. I can't believe i am still seeing this in next gen version. And the net doesn't look real at all...EA need to go back to the drawing board. Oh scratch that...they need to fire every one because it ain't working man. 2K next gen trailer just OWNED EA's NBA LIVE 14 with a facial dunk...there is no other way to put it. And that's just the graphics.

The animations of LIVE 14 is weird also and not natural. Steve Nash dribbling motion is just odd. If there are already criticism w/ just this short few seconds clip, i can't imagine how much flaws there are in the entire game. Now i know why EA doesn't want to release any footage of the game...because they just got served. And the fact that it took them 3 or 4 yrs to create this game is just mind boggling.

And the producer who did a podcast interview doesn't sound too thrill about the game either. Now i know why lol. Unless something dramatically happen in the next 24 hrs, i am leaning toward NBA 2k14 next gen after seeing their next gen trailer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #396
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White
Eh, no thank you. It isn't important enough for me to spend time searching through old topics looking for your posts, but you're definitely a vocal detractor. In fact, credit your propensity to throw shade EA/Live's way for me even recognizing your handle. Sundown, 23, and King_B_Mack are pretty active as well.
I have no issues admitting that I think EA has handled their brand, their product, and their marketing abysmally.

What I saw yesterday matched their yearly pattern of overhype and under delivery and it looked pretty darned bad.
Jus look at the overwhelming negative response in this thread aside from the 3-4 usual suspects.

I wouldn't be so vocal with my criticisms if there weren't those who disparage the other game constantly while refusing to see how bad this one is looking to be, which pretty much any objective observer can acknowledge.

So I guess I amuse myself a bit too much replying to folks who seem willfully blind in their loyalty to EA's brand for whatever reason I'll never understand.

I hold some vain hope that they might be shaken out of their irrational loyalty to a brand that doesn't deserve it and their hypercriticism of a company that continually puts out better work, however flawed it sometimes is.

But alas, humans aren't rational creatures. We are rationalizing creatures.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #397
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
Oh scratch that...they need to fire every one because it ain't working man.
In the past, I'd fly off the handle with comments like this. So let me just kindly request that we don't do this. There are people there just doing what's asked of them. They don't have the privileged of making all of decisions. They have families. It's just wrong to hope to take away someone's livelihood in situations like this.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #398
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 14: 5-on5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown

That's not it. He seems to have no real lighting beyond cartoon lighting. He straight up looks like a character in TF2.

From Neogaf thread
Old 10-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #399
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 14: 5-on5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer

From Neogaf thread

There is no defending that. He literally blends right into a cel-shaded cartoon game lol
Old 10-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #400
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm looking forward to Live 14, actually. 2k might be a better game, always has been IMO, but I've always preferred live. I'm sure I'll find some enjoyment out of it. If not, I'll just trade it in and get 2k. That is the joy of having options.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »