Home

NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 10-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #377
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White
Eh, no thank you. It isn't important enough for me to spend time searching through old topics looking for your posts, but you're definitely a vocal detractor. In fact, credit your propensity to throw shade EA/Live's way for me even recognizing your handle. Sundown, 23, and King_B_Mack are pretty active as well.
No. You remember me because I'm the first one to tell you members of the EA Rainbow Bright Coalition to settle the hell down and stop trying to overhype the game like you're part of the EA marketing team. Their job is to blow smoke up people's rear. What's YOUR excuse. Ask ANYONE here - as one of the few people that actually touched Live 14 - have I ever said that it was anything LESS than a promising feature and concept. Go ahead. But when I warned dudes to slow down on the trying to hope it was going to be the end-all to basketball games, I got dudes like telling me that I'm just hating. THAT is how I come to mind.

Quote:
If the majority of criticisms were specific and or constructive it wouldn't be problematic. But they aren't, and it is. Most peoples reactions to the video have been troll quality responses void of coherency in regard to what was mechanically wrong with the sequence, and why the problem was so severe it caused such an overwhelmingly damning response.
I COMPLETELY agree with you there dude. I chalk that up to folks having more of an emotional response. I knew this was coming. I tried to warn guys to manage those expectations with my proverbial "cloud". But I got brushed off and this is the result. I have NOT been one of those dudes that's piling on. I have, however, called out the same people trying to convince others that the video is better than what you actually see. Let's be honest - it's a disappointing video! Why lie about it? Why paint it any differently? Does it suck? Hell no. Is it what folks were hoping for considering all of the pretty buzzwords like "Bounceteck" and "Infiniti"? Not even close. So, if you're going to call me out for that position, be my guest. I proudly accept the label. The bottom line is that I know they have hundreds of folks down in Florida working their *** off and it's a shame that people can't respect how hard their job REALLY is because a handful of people put unreasonable expectations on their shoulders. If my responses are damning, it's to EA *marketing* and Madden. Fifa (mad respect), NHL, and Live I give courtesy of not trying to diss. Madden? All those dudes can take a leap. For as many years we consumers have asked for certain things and have STILL yet to get - I don't hold back on them.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #378
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Live gets criticism for looking and playing so bad that they can't release the product. It gets criticism for doctored sizzle trailers and *terrible* (not just worse) graphics and animations in the actual product.

If any of these things were relevant to the current development cycle or next generation machines: which is the context from which I am operating, you would have a point. However, none of these things explain why people have continued to press EA for 5 on 5 gameplay, for example, while forgetting to demand the same of its competitor.

Quote:
Its problems are not "relatively comparable". You have to have a releaseable game to compare first. Or are we still comparing Live 2010 with the 2K games?

I'm comparing Live 14 to 2k14. Try and keep up.

Quote:
Let's forget the PnR for a moment. Maybe some team somewhere at sometime has played the PnR like that.

JUST LOOK AT THE GAME. What's there to defend?

These are the troll quality responses that are void of coherency and specificity I was referring to, Boilerbuzz.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #379
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Dont bother calling my name out because I haven't commented in this trailer thread NOT ONCE
LOL! You've been sitting back eating popcorn dude! Don't think you haven't been missed. Nah, he's just lumping you in with the rest of us Live "haters" because we stand out. Funny how he mentions the main dudes that don't really say too much bad about Live the game, but just it's rabid, irrational band of groupies that will tell you Jesus Bynum was a feature of Elite 11 and not a bug. We're also the main ones that use those rare things called "logic" and "basic common sense" in our rebuttals.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #380
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

Is this pic from Next Gen Live?

Old 10-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #381
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Eh, no thank you. It isn't important enough for me to spend time searching through old topics looking for your posts, but you're definitely a vocal detractor. In fact, credit your propensity to throw shade EA/Live's way for me even recognizing your handle. Sundown, 23, and King_B_Mack are pretty active as well.

If the majority of criticisms were specific and or constructive it wouldn't be problematic. But they aren't, and it is. Most peoples reactions to the video have been troll quality responses void of coherency in regard to what was mechanically wrong with the sequence, and why the problem was so severe it caused such an overwhelmingly damning response.

You weren't. Hence my response.
I mad you didn't give my boy noshun no love. Lmao.

Also, where are the OS fair police that are always jumping out the bushes for Live? Why is it okay for people to always come at us with "let them be excited about the game" "what's it to you if they buy the game or not" and all this other stuff. I've yet to see one of you defenders of all that is fair and just ask what any of our relationships with EA/Live matters to anybody else. If I love or hate them, why the hell do you care? If I call out things that concern me about their developing of this series, why do you care? Why can you question me but don't have anything to say about that kind of stuff coming my way?

That's next gen btw 24th, Derrick is wearing his new shoes

Last edited by King_B_Mack; 10-17-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #382
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
If any of these things were relevant to the current development cycle or next generation machines: which is the context from which I am operating, you would have a point. However, none of these things explain why people have continued to press EA for 5 on 5 gameplay, for example, while forgetting to demand the same of its competitor.
Must someone REALLY post a link to the QUICKLY posted "I want to see 5v5 gameplay instead" posts in the 2K thread? They are REALLY easy to find.

Quote:
These are the troll quality responses that are void of coherency and specificity I was referring to, Boilerbuzz.
I honestly don't think that's comment was troll worthy. I completely understand where you're coming from man. I really do. But I think you're lumping the really trollish comments and unfairly attributing them to me and the other guys you mentioned. I don't think that's fair, but it's understandable. So I won't fault you for it.

At the end of the day, you may not believe this, but I'm on your side. Some folks just coming in here to throw stones at the franchise. I repeat: I don't think that's fair at all. Making games is HARD! You have to satisfy millions of people and convince them to buy a product that is NOT a necessity. I posted a few days earlier - I truly believe that Tiburon may have too much on it's plate. That hurts ALL of their titles. So, if the game just truly sucks, I would understand why. That's an "IF". I'm pulling for those folks because I know they are in a tough situation. As far as the game is concerned, my position is simply this (and I want people to read this carefully):

NBA 2K is an excellent sports series. It's hard to point to a series that replicates it's sport any closer. It's not easy to make ANY game let alone a sports game. And THAT game has MORE than it's fair share of problems, warts, and detractors. So how is it fair to anyone (devs and fans) to expect Live to measure up to that series after not ONLY 3 years away, but the previous 10 years of falling behind before it? To expect Live to be comparable is FAIR. To expect it be better out of the box is asinine. So, to try to paint this as the holy grail of basketball games before it even hits is ridiculous. But, to expect it to not have issues and for folks to not go off on them is naive. Ever notice how you enjoy a movie more when you have lower, reasonable expectations?
Old 10-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #383
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Is this pic from Next Gen Live?

I'm sure some accessory whore will find something wrong here, but I like the pic. I've said many times - I think EA does a great job with lighting and colors. The player models look a LOT better than past iterations. They aren't totally clear, but the player likenesses are good. Finally showing MY team instead of Lillard or Irving. Yeay!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #384
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
No. You remember me because I'm the first one to tell you members of the EA Rainbow Bright Coalition to settle the hell down and stop trying to overhype the game like you're part of the EA marketing team.

Na, I'm pretty sure I remember your from your constant detractions, but thanks.

Quote:
Their job is to blow smoke up people's rear. What's YOUR excuse.

I stopped purchasing or playing Madden years ago because it is a poor representation of the sport it attempts to simulate, same with NCAA Football and NBA Live until 10. I didn't purchase 2k14 for similar reasons, but am now cleaning the slate and giving each title a chance with the new consoles. I am approaching all next gen sports titles with a cautious optimism. I'll purchase those that play well and will leave alone those that don't.

So, my excuse for what?

Quote:
Ask ANYONE here - as one of the few people that actually touched Live 14 - have I ever said that it was anything LESS than a promising feature and concept. Go ahead. But when I warned dudes to slow down on the trying to hope it was going to be the end-all to basketball games, I got dudes like telling me that I'm just hating. THAT is how I come to mind.

I don't know how or why you come to other peoples minds, but for me, it's the complaining/detracting.

Quote:
I COMPLETELY agree with you there dude. I chalk that up to folks having more of an emotional response. I knew this was coming. I tried to warn guys to manage those expectations with my proverbial "cloud". But I got brushed off and this is the result. I have NOT been one of those dudes that's piling on. I have, however, called out the same people trying to convince others that the video is better than what you actually see. Let's be honest - it's a disappointing video! Why lie about it? Why paint it any differently? Does it suck? Hell no. Is it what folks were hoping for considering all of the pretty buzzwords like "Bounceteck" and "Infiniti"? Not even close. So, if you're going to call me out for that position, be my guest. I proudly accept the label. The bottom line is that I know they have hundreds of folks down in Florida working their *** off and it's a shame that people can't respect how hard their job REALLY is because a handful of people put unreasonable expectations on their shoulders. If my responses are damning, it's to EA *marketing* and Madden. Fifa (mad respect), NHL, and Live I give courtesy of not trying to diss. Madden? All those dudes can take a leap. For as many years we consumers have asked for certain things and have STILL yet to get - I don't hold back on them.

The video didn't disappoint me. I'm excited to explore bouncetek and the Infiniti engine further, and I'm hoping EA releases a game that is competitive. From what we've seen thus far, I think they're headed in the right direction.

Last edited by Chalky White; 10-17-2013 at 06:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »