Home

NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 10-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #369
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I love how EA tried to "show off" Bounce-Tek with a long pre-rendered clip of Kyrie dribbling in place that was obviously a few mo-cap sessions stitched together with no real-time interactivity.
I don't know man. What I played at E3 certainly could do everything you saw in the Bouncetek demo clips. You just had to make sure you timed it right and didn't do anything silly to try to break it. What I'm saying it that at worst, it was a heavily controlled execution whereas the Live 10 segment was someone acting like a monkey on the sticks to make it look bad on purpose.

(Hey look guys!!! I'm defending Live 14! Something I "never" do!)
Old 10-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #370
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
REALLY!? Prey tell sir, where have I bashed Live?! And don't come with 1 or 2 posts here or there. Show me where I "bash the game incessantly"! Please! And you have some gaps in your knowledge about defending the pick in roll. I'll just say that.

Eh, no thank you. It isn't important enough for me to spend time searching through old topics looking for your posts, but you're definitely a vocal detractor. In fact, credit your propensity to throw shade EA/Live's way for me even recognizing your handle. Sundown, 23, and King_B_Mack are pretty active as well.

Quote:
You will get trolls in every thread. Remove those just there to troll, and you'll see the normal posters are just expressing dislike. There is also some emotional backlash. I admit that. But that's a problem? I still don't see how it differs from other forums.

If the majority of criticisms were specific and or constructive it wouldn't be problematic. But they aren't, and it is. Most peoples reactions to the video have been troll quality responses void of coherency in regard to what was mechanically wrong with the sequence, and why the problem was so severe it caused such an overwhelmingly damning response.

Quote:
I think I was pretty clear.

You weren't. Hence my response.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #371
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I can see why they cut to the close up of Nash on the pick. The gameplay looks pretty dated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #372
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
With all the money they have, why can't they get their games to animate more true to the sport.
All the money in the world doesn't cover up bad decisions. And as long as the bean counters have the final say at EA, the TALENTED people that they do have will never fully shine.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #373
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White
Eh, no thank you. It isn't important enough for me to spend time searching through old topics looking for your posts, but you're definitely a vocal detractor. In fact, credit your propensity to throw shade EA/Live's way for me even recognizing your handle. Sundown, 23, and King_B_Mack are pretty active as well.

If the majority of criticisms were specific and or constructive it wouldn't be problematic. But they aren't, and it is. Most peoples reactions to the video have been troll quality responses void of coherency in regard to what was mechanically wrong with the sequence, and why the problem was so severe it caused such an overwhelmingly damning response.

I didn't know Chalky could read. Is that purnsley behind the keyboard?

Jk.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #374
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White

Dont bother calling my name out because I haven't commented in this trailer thread NOT ONCE
Old 10-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #375
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

The trailer didn't look good, just from an animation standpoint. Looked too stiff.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get both games though, just to have something different to play every once in a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #376
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Dont bother calling my name out because I haven't commented in this trailer thread NOT ONCE
im calling you out as this is your 1st comment in the thread . waiting for more footage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »