Home

NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #345
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White
I've read the 2k boards. Live receives excessive amounts of criticism relative to 2k for issues that are relatively comparable.
Live gets criticism for looking and playing so bad that they can't release the product. It gets criticism for doctored sizzle trailers and *terrible* (not just worse) graphics and animations in the actual product.

Its problems are not "relatively comparable". You have to have a releaseable game to compare first. Or are we still comparing Live 2010 with the 2K games?

Let's forget the PnR for a moment. Maybe some team somewhere at sometime has played the PnR like that.

JUST LOOK AT THE GAME. What's there to defend?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #346
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm sorry to bring it up but as much as I really want to see LIVE back in the competition I still don't see it right now. I will still look forward to seeing what they show us in a proper game match, just to be completely sure. But as of now, I'm shaking my head.

The first second of the clip is about a white man who's supposed to be Nash. I'm gonna tread a little and I really want to discuss this in sense so forgive me if I make some comparisons but I do it in a calm and non-offensive manner...

Look at how Nash is:

http://i.imgur.com/nqVeWRv.png

This is not a clean shot (sorry you know the other side don't have one either) but you can tell who that is. I think graphics may not be THAT important but its next gen! You need to catch some eyeballs! I don't see anything extraordinary at the moment. I hope I do....please EA make it back in the game! Bring back the prime time like you did in 2003!
Old 10-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #347
Rookie

OVR: 5
Umm..Live reminds me of the McRib. You really want it to taste good but it has no bones and it's full of crap. Since it's that time of year , we can expect people to eat the McRib..again. I'm sure the marketing department is looking forward to Friday. I would rather see them shelve this title then lower the standard of next gen sports.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #348
Rookie

2k really just set the bar to a whole new level. I know EA can't raise the bar no higher, but at least attempt and touch the bar. Funny how in that trailer they don't say anything about the Xbox One version. I wonder if it struggling to get to where the PS4 is at. Especially since they have caught flack from games not being able to run 1080p and 60fps.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #349
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
looks okay I guess. Movement looks a bit weird.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #350
Rookie

Not sure why it looks so different than the kyrie trailer. I wouldn't say it looks terrible but not as great as I expected. We will wait and see Friday. Still picking up both games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #351
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White
No, it isn't. Outside of Lillard's awkward movement after fighting through Pau's pick, the PnR sequence played out correctly. But you're one of those that have bashed the game incessantly for months now. Your mind is made.
REALLY!? Prey tell sir, where have I bashed Live?! And don't come with 1 or 2 posts here or there. Show me where I "bash the game incessantly"! Please! And you have some gaps in your knowledge about defending the pick in roll. I'll just say that.

Quote:
This thread, if not this sub forum in general, is a testament to this being a lie. The topic is full of people "expressing" their issues with Live. Problems arise when the criticisms are neither constructive, relevant, nor an accurate assessment of what was shown.
You will get trolls in every thread. Remove those just there to troll, and you'll see the normal posters are just expressing dislike. There is also some emotional backlash. I admit that. But that's a problem? I still don't see how it differs from other forums.

Quote:
Not entirely sure what you're trying to say here.
I think I was pretty clear.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 10-17-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #352
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
It's like none of these guys can express their issues with Live JUST like they do elsewhere.
Eh, it works in the reverse too and that's what everyone forgets.

You say one bad thing about 2K and everyone jumps at you like you can't express any issues.

With Live it's say one good thing and everyone thinks you're crazy.

Live gets a lot of heat. Some of it warranted (okay, maybe a lot of it warranted considering its history), but some of it is not warranted at all.

Having said that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson_2k
I guess we can at least say it's a moral victory for EA, they are releasing the game.
Screw that. EA needs to come correct. None of this "Well, we released a game so you should love that we worked so hard on it. All of our guys are here working overtime, and blah blah blah."

I don't care about the blood and sweat poured into the game if the game is not any good. This isn't sympathy time for anyone that worked their butts off to create a poor product.

The product needs to be very good or you better be sure it's gonna get slammed. This teaser has a lot wrong to be slammed over. It also has a couple good things being glossed over, but hey, I can accept that negativity is stronger than positivity.

There are no moral victories. Moral victories are the Philadelphia 76ers winning 9 games and getting the 2nd pick.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »