Home

NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #329
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA Live 14: 5-on5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson_2k
I just saw the 2k trailer...........Wow.......It's looking bad for EA right now. They better have something amazing tomorrow. I'm still getting both games but that 2k trailer makes even NON-SPORTS games look current gen..I hope they were trolling us yesterday. I think I just witnessed a "live" murder on Youtube. LOL
Old 10-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #330
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
You do realize that that was an attempt to double on the screen, right?
Why was there any need to double? The screen wasn't even on the right player.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #331

OVR: 34
Re: NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

It still has a robotic look to it. I always felt like Live looked like a chess board. It's as if someone is picking the players up and putting them in place. There just doesn't seem to be a smooth transition in movement from point A to Point B.

As little as we see in that video, it is still apparent. Also, when they go close up to the players, the eyes look hollow. Believe it or not, this adds much to the very stiff movement. It looks like the PG is just looking into nowhere, almost lifeless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #332
Rookie

OVR: 0

Scott did say something about the difference in controlling Steve Nash at point as opposed to Kyrie or Damian Lillard. Wonder what it is.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #333
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
Hold up. That's video you recorded? How do we even know you aren't controlling Perkins in that?
Old 10-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #334
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
1. Who knows!? You took ONE clip, but have no idea of the context of the situation. For all we know, DWade may have been torching them all game and they decided to double him.
2. The game reacts to the screen BEFORE the actual pick can occur. Otherwise, it's too late. It's called pre-hedging. The screener WAS close enough to the actual onball defender to go trigger the reaction from the hedge defender.
3. Still wondering how this absolves the PnR defense in the Live clip. As others have said - no game is perfect, but get the basics.

In terms of basketball, I could rip the HELL out of that very short clip. But I won't because I respect how hard it is to make this stuff. NO game is perfect. But some games have WAY more issues than others. When people call out those games, it's not a crime. You're so quick to forgive all that's wrong with Live, but you're not so gracious with any other title. What is wrong with you? I certainly can look past the issues folks are bringing up, but you don't see me trying to argue them down. Let it be. If you had kept your mouth shut weeks ago when I warned you, there wouldn't be so much venom on this trailer now. But you and a couple of your boys got other's hopes up far past a reasonable level, and now you have to talk them off a ledge. Having fun yet?
Old 10-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #335
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Seriously though, can guys stop bringing up 2K to deflect Live issues every damn time? What point are you trying to make? Because 2K does something piss poorly it's okay for Live to do it piss poorly as well? Wrong! It's unacceptable for either game, difference is, the 200 other things 2K does right makes the outrage a little less quiet than the outrage for Live because of the 200 other things they get wrong on top of one of those issues. Jesus it's not rocket science.
People are pointing out the hypocrisy and inconsistency in some of the boards posters. Well warranted, imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #336
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White
People are pointing out the hypocrisy and inconsistency in some of the boards posters. Well warranted, imo.
Once again and this is the last time I'm saying it, go read the 2K boards. 2K gets called out on a regular. Only here in la la land (the Live forum) is it a crime to see something that doesn't make sense in the game and bring it up because apparently nobody wants to be jerked out of their constant state of fantasizing about Live being perfect even though it hasn't released in four years now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »