Home

NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #305
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA Live 14: 5-on5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
That was 100% AI controlled.
I can't recall me saying Nba 2K's AI was perfect. It's far from that actually.

I don't even know why you're bringing Nba 2K footage into this. There are thousands of threads in the Nba 2K forums about how bad the AI/rosters/sliders is/are there.

Although I don't mind what happens in that gameplay. The AI uses the wrong strategy and what happens is what would happen IRL. Perkins is too slow to catch D Wade, D wade gets by them and passes to a wide open bosh for the dunk.

Nothing wrong here except that the AI used the wrong strategy at this moment.

I get your point I guess though. I guess it's debatable that LA could stay on Gasol but this close to the rim and the Steve Nash's lane to the rim I'am sure he takes step to put his body between Nash and the rim.

But yeah definately not what's worse about that short Live video.

Last edited by Vni; 10-17-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #306
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

Video overall was unimpressive
  • It is like they had to keep some parts of Elite or Live 13 but that crouching stance should have been re-done. They need to motion capture again ASAP. Make it user controlled as it is an eye sore to me.
  • What the hell was Lilliard doing and this is something they released as a teaser? Wow I hope that was all user controlled.
  • Steve Nash doesn't look next gen to me. He looks cartoony hope that is not the case for everyone not fully scanned.
  • Most impressed by the ball.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #307
MVP

OVR: 17

I'm not even that mad at the 5 second clip, I'm reserving judgment until Friday.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #308
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

Looked terrible.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #309
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Surprise, people hate the trailer and people like what they see!

Nothing new here. Moving on.

Play what makes you happy.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 10-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #310
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

OVR: 4
2K is releasing their next gen video today. Maybe within a few hours according to Ronnie2k's last tweet. This is the moment Ive been waiting for...
Old 10-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #311
MVP

OVR: 4

I thought the player models looked awful. One thing I don't understand is why people are making fun of Nash's face when 2K's Nash has always looked like an emancipated woman. Although this is next gen, you're still going to have some odd looking faces. But look at guys like Lillard, Wall, Irving, and all those other guards. They look great.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #312
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14: 5-on5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni

Although I don't mind what happens in that gameplay. The AI uses the wrong strategy and what happens is what would happen IRL. Perkins is too slow to catch D Wade, D wade gets by them and passes to a wide open bosh for the dunk.

Nothing wrong here except that the AI used the wrong strategy at this moment.
The hypocrisy in this is jarring. If you really can't see anything wrong in that clip, then you are either blind, or know nothing about basketball. You said that the defensive AI for the 9 second Live clip was poor. You were upset that Aldridge didn't hedge, yet the play resulted in a floater over a defender (ie. not an open layup).

In the clip I posted, poor AI resulted in Perkins chasing after Wade because of a screen on a defender (Durant) that wasn't even guarding the ball handler (Wade). In fact, he never even got in front of Wade. He then proceeds to run past Wade toward half-court, effectively rendering the "hedge" useless.

But Durant stepped over to guard Bosh on the roll, which was great...until it wasn't, and he just stopped moving altogether, giving Bosh an uncontested dunk.

Meanwhile, throughout most of the clip, the defense is standing in that hunchback posture that everyone hates so much. Please keep in mind that this is not a one-off occurrence. If it was, I wouldn't think twice about it. But it happens multiple times per game.

The problem is that people are too caught up in graphics and flashy dunks than fundamental basketball and intelligent AI. Yes, Live clearly doesn't move as smoothly as 2k. But under the hood, it makes for a much more realistic game, at least when comparing those two clips. I don't care who makes it; I just want a realistic game of basketball, with intelligent AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »