Home

NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #297
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

OVR: 4
I used to play Live as a kid and I never had malice towards it when I bought NBA 2k in 99 and never looked back. But their efforts have been laughable for over a decade.

I wouldnt be surprised if Live was pushed back and then cancelled again. Hopefully for good bc this clip is an insult to basketball.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #298
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14: 5-on5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
There is not hedging (on Steve Nash??) and not even bothering putting his body in the lane.

LA is sleep walking out there.
He stayed on Gasol. Lillard's reaction is an issue, but I don't see anything wrong with Aldridge staying on the screener. Lopez rotated over to prevent the layup. Defensively, the play wasn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. If Lillard would have moved realistically, there really wouldn't be anything troubling from a defensive standpoint. I'll take that play all day over this:
Old 10-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #299
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

If the final product looks anything like that, EA SHOULD CANCEL. If they don't cancel, both Sony and MS should not allow this game on their consoles, it could hurt sales of a new system.

Come on man!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #300
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

Well we have finally seen some gameplay..... and I think its safe to say the general consensus is not good.....

Now the softie in me feels like "poor EA, they finally gave us a taste of what we've been asking for so long and they are getting shot down worse than a nerd on prom night...."

And then the other part of me is baffled...... I feel like this vid has gone backwards from the Kyrie vs the Knicks trailer..... although that had very little in it..... which build is more current? This part of me is the optimistic, hopeful part.....

Now I need to mention, I am a BASKETBALL fan.....(not EA or not 2K). I have been buying 2K because I think their game is great (and to date, is the only option to buy)...... but I want two great basketball games to play..... heck, I want 5.... haha.....

The thing that gets me is that EA held out for SOOOOO long to show us anything and then I think (from the little I know about marketing) that they picked perhaps the WORST possible time to drop this 9 second atomic bomb...... on the eve of 2Ks trailer.......

I think they perhaps could have done it a week prior..... or even days after (when the 2K threads start the nit picking and criticism....)..... now all that's gonna be read everywhere is "well then, back to reality" type comments.......

Again, I wish EA all the best. I want success..... BEST CASE scenario (also most unlikely) EA continues this vid on Friday (US time) but it slides over the a more current build that is the ultimate pleasant surprise.....

It HAS to be an old build (and I say this with hope) because of how bare the scorers table and team benches are..... but the question remains, is the more current build much more rounded? Or is it just a filled out scorers table/team bench......

The more likely scenario - EA just didn't have enough time to add in enough animations..... this is why the game took so long to show. And it seems to be the general issue on this thread - player movement.....they have the foundation, it took 2K YEARS to keep adding nice, small, in between animations.....EA has only just started again. Time is what they need seemingly.....but they have to keep at it.

Lets all cling to the small ray of hope that remains and wait til Friday.....

And until then, maybe enjoy whats about to drop in 90 mins.....
Old 10-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #301
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
It looks A LOT like NBA Live 10.

Judging from a small clip, that is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #302
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
He stayed on Gasol. Lillard's reaction is an issue, but I don't see anything wrong with Aldridge staying on the screener. Lopez rotated over to prevent the layup. Defensively, the play wasn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. If Lillard would have moved realistically, there really wouldn't be anything troubling from a defensive standpoint. I'll take that play all day over this:
They're trapping on D Wade. That's just a dumb strategy.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #303
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Wow, I know it's only a 3 second video but that was underwhelming to say the least. Very intrigued for the 'real' gameplay footage.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #304
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
They're trapping on D Wade. That's just a dumb strategy.
That was 100% AI controlled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »