Home

NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-17-2013, 02:14 AM   #249
Rookie

frankwyte81's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner
Oh goodness that kinda looked bad....but at least it's showing my blazers...we asked for gameplay and they about to deliver, more than we can say about 2k at this point.
I didn't know Live was coming out on the PS3... Oh wait! JK!

But for real, I hope it gets better for Live fans in the future and on Friday, I truly do. After watching the current gen headache with no competition in football sport games. I really hope this game thrives for all b-ball fans alike. But this the reason I stopped playing EA Sports games (including Madden), their glory days seem to be behind them. I jumped off the sinking ship around Live 10/Madden 10 timeframe. I think, the EA execs hold the EA developers back from their true potential. IMO, sadly over at EA, it's about creating great brands and making money, instead of creating great games.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:15 AM   #250
Rookie

spacedog's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14: 5-on5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedrum
I dont get what all the hate is for, I thought it looked very promising. It looked 20 times better that Elite and the live 13 clip. Chill out and wait until you see game play trailers. All these 2k fans haven't even seen 2k move in action, but want to hate on Live. If you not a live fan stay the **** off of here it is simple. Live fans don't go to 2k videos and hate as much as 2k....Truthfully 2k fans are really hard core Live fans that have been disappointed and dont want to come back home.....Come back home EA all day both games will be good and that will be the best of both worlds.....STOP HATING.....
Wait, people haven't seen 2ks next gen in action? The James Harden gif from that trailer is all over the place. That was gameplay. And I'm not a fanboy of either live or 2k. I used to get 2k back in the early 2000s and Live around 05, and that's it, so I'm not trying to trash one or another like that. I hope Live ends be being a lot better than the trailer too, since multiple competing good sports games is great for everyone (could use some competition for football games lol)
Old 10-17-2013, 02:24 AM   #251
Rookie

drk3351's Arena

OVR: 5

Why didn't Aldridge hedge? The first guy to stop him was kamans man Lopez. Nash coulda also bounced it to kaman for the dunk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 02:35 AM   #252
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm not really seeing Human Intelligence or True Step Motion...

Old 10-17-2013, 02:46 AM   #253
Rookie

frankwyte81's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedrum
I dont get what all the hate is for, I thought it looked very promising. It looked 20 times better that Elite and the live 13 clip. Chill out and wait until you see game play trailers. All these 2k fans haven't even seen 2k move in action, but want to hate on Live. If you not a live fan stay the **** off of here it is simple. Live fans don't go to 2k videos and hate as much as 2k....Truthfully 2k fans are really hard core Live fans that have been disappointed and dont want to come back home.....Come back home EA all day both games will be good and that will be the best of both worlds.....STOP HATING.....
You are right, I'm one of the hardcore Live fans that now plays 2k. But I'm not coming home for this. I played EA basketball games from NBA Live 95 through NBA Live 2010. I use to be you, I didn't care what people were saying, I loved EA's games no matter what, but then I woke up.

When people laugh at EA's efforts now, it's not hating. It's hate, when the bashing is without merit, but this plain old LAUGHING OUT LOUD. They straight up lied, this game looks nothing like the E3 or post E3 stuff, actual game footage my ***. This is the same crap they pulled in 2006 with Madden, false advertisement. As fans of game, if you're unhappy, you show them that by keeping your money in your wallet. When you hurt the sales (we all know EA loves money), that'll send a stronger message. The reality is, this game might only get slightly better than we see now over the next 8 yrs or so. Because with EA, progress comes slow. Look at the history of Madden for further proof.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:51 AM   #254
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

Definitely some really strange things happening. Screen was horrible, Lillard crab walking?!?! No rotating D, player movement looks weird. I had my hopes up for Live to come back and crush it. I'm not gonna judge the game off this 9 second video. Friday will be the true test and determine which NBA game I pick up on next gen.

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by CaliDude916; 10-17-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:52 AM   #255
MVP

OVR: 15

HHG has said nothing about this. maybe he meant pellet shots fired
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 02:52 AM   #256
Banned

OVR: 0

I don't understand why everyone is trashing the video.

There's only so much you're going to get out of a 9 second clip, so I wouldn't read too far into it one way or the other, but I watched the high-res version of the teaser a handful of times and of what we were shown there were more positives than negatives.

For starters, the court spacing and the physical proportions of the players are spot on. I've read complaints of the models appearing too "skinny" and wonder if the posters in question actually watch NBA games. Its players, for the most part, are a thin and lanky group. Live captures this more accurately than they are given credit for. Jerseys are tight and snug as they should be. Subtle movement in the tops, with more give and sway in the bottoms.

Steve Nash looks like Steve Nash. The video is poor quality relative to what we'll all be playing on in our living/gaming rooms, so the minute details such as wrinkles and blemishes are absent, but it's accurate beyond that. I also like how his face and eyes appear alive and alert. You'll notice his eyes follow the roll man(Pau), and then leave the roll man and shift to the basket when he shoots the floater.

With the exception of the rails being too high, the Rose garden was done well. The arena and atmosphere in general look to be a step up from current generation titles. The bench is full, officials are present and properly positioned, there are camera men on the baseline, etc. Could definitely use more media at the table though.

The Blazers P&R defense is structurally correct, as are most of the ensuing reactions after Nash accepts the pick. Lillard fights through Pau, Pau then rotates, drawing Aldridge with him. Kamen's man, Robin Lopez rotates off of him into the paint to block off the rim, forcing Nash to take a floater instead of a layup. My only question would be why Lillard is walking after fighting through the pick? Could be user era or poor defensive AI that goes along with lower difficulty settings, but it looks off. Also, the movement of the video looked a little whacky. I think it was slown down.

The lighting looked a little off, and the colors washed out. This seems to be an issue consistent throughout EA sports titles. I wish they'd fix it.

Anyways, kudos to EA for doing as the community asked and releasing a 5v5 gameplay video, things are looking good thus far. The competition may very well still release a better game(I expect this to be the case), but Live looks to be laying down a reliable foundation for future iterations of the title. I'm excited to see more on Friday.

Last edited by Chalky White; 10-17-2013 at 02:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »