Home

NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #161
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA Live 14: 5-on5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

finally goes through the net! can't wait!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #162
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
NBA Live 14: 5-on5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Honestly, it kinda looks like a basketball mod for Team Fortress 2.
It looks like Live 09 in terms of Nash's CF.

Live 10 had a better Nash face.

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C
Old 10-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #163
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Charles Barkley already coined that. It's just misspelt and that word deserves to have itself misspelt. Turrible.

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C
I expected that to be understood. Not that misspelled part though. Dropped the ball on that one.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #164
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Just for context, this is how guys rotate on a P&R. Regardless of the PG falling, look at the help. Look at how their feet move. Look at the recovery. Look at how they return to the weak side.

What Live showed was an abomination. I can only hope that they stop with the cutscenes and just let the game play out on Friday.

And this is why I don't feel bad at all the venom the Live crew receives. They completely shut out the gaming community during the development process and then they wonder why they get so much backlash when they do release footage.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #165
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
there are railings.. you just cant really see them in real life since theres more people in the crowd and arent as tall as they are in the game

Honestly, the first thing that came to my mind after watching this trailer was Yukes WWE debacle. The color of the railings remind me of that and so does the skin tone of the players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #166
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm not saying what I think of that trailer. I will say this - those of you that were here hyping the hell out of the game with nothing to go on, need to stay consistent. I warned a couple of you that over-hyping the game was only going to lead to nothing but disappointment. This video looked OK to me. It looked no worse than I expected based on what we knew and what I saw at E3, in the trailers before it, AND from what I know of the previous versions. Taking all that into consideration - something that some people felt was unfair - I think this was on par with what should have been REASONABLE expectations.

So, now we have more information. That's all anyone can fairly expect. As for folks dissing the next gen consoles as a whole - geez, get over it. It's not the end of the world if you think the EA titles aren't "next-gen" enough (whatever that means) and Watchdogs was delayed. There are MANY other options out there. Why don't we wait until more info comes out for more of the games. I'll bet at least a couple of titles will wow you enough.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #167
Just started!

OVR: 0
Maybe EA knows this looks bad. Maybe this is gameplay from NBA Live 13 from last year or even the first stages of NBA Live 14. Maybe this is the trailer of NBA Live 13 or 14 in early development gameplay, and the gameplay that we get on friday will be the actual NBA Live 14 next gen gameplay so we can compare the two and see the improvements. Just Saying! Can't wait for 2k's trailer too, bout to be amazing!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #168
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Just for context, this is how guys rotate on a P&R. Regardless of the PG falling, look at the help. Look at how their feet move. Look at the recovery. Look at how they return to the weak side.

What Live showed was an abomination. I can only hope that they stop with the cutscenes and just let the game play out on Friday.
Not sure what you're trying to prove here. This shows the defender hedging the screen. Live's clip showed the defender staying on the screener. The third defender rotated into the paint to help. In terms of defensive AI, the Live clip was just fine. Also, it's one single play. Every defense has a lapse now and then.

Last edited by Skopin; 10-16-2013 at 10:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »