Home

NBA Live 14 Screenshot of John Wall

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Screenshot of John Wall within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #153
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Live Screenshot - John Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
colors look a little washed and that looks like the ball i use when I play outside. Looks like it's been around lol.
Well, the NBA does break in the new basketballs before they are put into a live game. It still looks a little desaturated.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #154
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Live 14 Screenshot of John Wall

Old 10-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #155
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Thing is it's not like they're ignoring the consumer, they're releasing information but it''s not good enough for all these "self-entitled" fans (or consumers).

It's obvious they're still working on the game, Scott even said it on the podcast (I think a lot of people need to listen to it). They don't want to release anymore work in progress videos. To be honest, I can sense the bitterness in your post "EA knows alot about that too dont they?"... "Don't be fooled". If you have a grudge against EA fine, but don't take it out on a game you know nothing about.

EA isn't forcing anyone to buy their game, you don't have to warn us of EA's evil ways we've seen the articles and witnessed football games be monopolized. Still, we can all make the knowledgeable decision based on facts. If you fall for the trolls that say "Pre-ordering immediately!" or "Way better than 2k, not even close!" then that's on you, but the ball don't lie. Soon enough EA will have to put up or shut up, but that doesn't mean we have to degrade every piece of info we see.

EA is capable of making good games, and if you look toward the future, this has the potential to be one of them.
Here's the thing though, if there's negatives in something, then why is there an issue saying that? You're talking about degrade every piece of info we see, if it's not something good or doesn't really show anything we need to see and people say that, why are you running in like Superman to save Live? Are you saying every thing they've released is completely perfect with no issues?

Telling people to wait until you play the game for yourself and all this other talk is just noise that doesn't help anything. By the time you try it for yourself the game is made and there's nothing to be done, they have your $60 already and have already started working on the next year's version of the game implimenting the same **** you just found out you don't like because you sat around waiting to see if it felt different from how it looked. I don't even know why I'm explaining this because we've talked about this before. People have done the don't question the bad that you're looking at approach for over half a decade with Live/EA Sports and it didn't help the series at all. But then we're not supposed to talk about the past cause it doesn't matter for some reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #156
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBASLAM2001
EA needs a new next-gen art designer. This looks PS3.5-ish
These pictures are mostly from an XBOX 1.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #157
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Here's the thing though, if there's negatives in something, then why is there an issue saying that? You're talking about degrade every piece of info we see, if it's not something good or doesn't really show anything we need to see and people say that, why are you running in like Superman to save Live? Are you saying every thing they've released is completely perfect with no issues?

Telling people to wait until you play the game for yourself and all this other talk is just noise that doesn't help anything. By the time you try it for yourself the game is made and there's nothing to be done, they have your $60 already and have already started working on the next year's version of the game implimenting the same **** you just found out you don't like because you sat around waiting to see if it felt different from how it looked. I don't even know why I'm explaining this because we've talked about this before. People have done the don't question the bad that you're looking at approach for over half a decade with Live/EA Sports and it didn't help the series at all. But then we're not supposed to talk about the past cause it doesn't matter for some reason.
What?? that's the exact opposite of talk and noise, it action! If the only time you try a game is when you buy it then I can see why you'd be upset, but where I'm from we have stores like Gamestop and Best Buy that let you play actual games before you buy'em. You can rent, or even go on youtube and watch other people who've spent their hard earned money test the game for you, even review it.

Never in all my years of gaming have I seen Live come out and say try it for yourself, usually they NEED the marketing to sell games, the fact that they're holding off on marketing to actually work on the game tells me that the game can speak for itself. (Good Or Bad, who knows yet?)

I don't know about you but I do my research before I buy things, and Live will be no different. With the internet it doesn't cost me anything but a little time to research and see if the game is right for me. I don't care if last years game was the worst game ever made, what'd you do this year is on my mind, because I like the sport, and don't hold grudges.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #158
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Round and around we go...
Old 10-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #159
Just started!

OVR: 0
If you look at the 51 second gameplay trailer for NBA Live 14, when Kyrie takes the ball into the lane, Kyrie is taking a step with his right foot. When the next angle pops up he is still taking his step with his right foot, but in that frame the replay is about a second behind what it is supposed to be. This gives the illusion of him travelling, but in reality he did not travel, the video just makes it seem like he did, but he is just continuing his step.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #160
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Thing is it's not like they're ignoring the consumer, they're releasing information but it''s not good enough for all these "self-entitled" fans (or consumers).

It's obvious they're still working on the game, Scott even said it on the podcast (I think a lot of people need to listen to it). They don't want to release anymore work in progress videos. To be honest, I can sense the bitterness in your post "EA knows alot about that too dont they?"... "Don't be fooled". If you have a grudge against EA fine, but don't take it out on a game you know nothing about.

EA isn't forcing anyone to buy their game, you don't have to warn us of EA's evil ways we've seen the articles and witnessed football games be monopolized. Still, we can all make the knowledgeable decision based on facts. If you fall for the trolls that say "Pre-ordering immediately!" or "Way better than 2k, not even close!" then that's on you, but the ball don't lie. Soon enough EA will have to put up or shut up, but that doesn't mean we have to degrade every piece of info we see.

EA is capable of making good games, and if you look toward the future, this has the potential to be one of them.

If you stop catching feelings and stuff and get your emotion out of the posts from defending this game so much it might be easier on the blood pressure.

At this point, nobody cares what SOG says because frankly its put up or shut up time for EA and this series. They've said too much already and didn't deliver and people arent hanging on their every word as you may have noticed. Its something that didnt work out too well in the past, buzzwords, new tech and the game still either came out like crap or got cancelled.

Now if they arent advertising to the people here, then who are they advertising to? Casuals who don't play bball? Most of those people dont give a rats tail about this game thats for sure so who is it?

If all you want to do is hope this series escapes harsh criticism, it's not going to happen. It happens to every other game, and the point is, this is the only one that has had multiple years to get it together, so the call for patience is gone.

People dont even trust them and if the site asks someone what they think about a screen, and someone notices that the entire arena is totally seperated from the game, someone will say that. Its one thing to tell someone they can't say that because its hating, and another to say what you see and move on.

Im about done because no matter how much is typed, nobody is trying to see anything different and EA is still sitting back ducking releasing footage they promised and tap danced back on so hard Gregory Hines would be proud.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »