Home

NBA Live 14 Screenshot of John Wall

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Screenshot of John Wall within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #145
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Screenshot of John Wall

I'm sure you guys have issues with 2k too and voice them but it's the way you talk to people on the live boards like they are idiots and shouldn't have an opinion. That doesn't seem to happen over there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #146
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I think the most comical out of the whole thing is the constant bringing up of 2K. I'm begging you guys, go into and actually read the 2K forums for a change instead of pretending like they aren't catching the same hell. The color of the basketball in the LeBron screenshot over there got criticized too.
By yours truly, even. I'm one of the most pessimistic (realistic?) critics of Live and I still nitpick 2K. It's not just the color but the type of ball is completely wrong. Live actually had it right for years (aside from the latest John Wall screenshot) and I referred to examples from Live 13 (I think).

I'm also ripping them on messed up shooter ratings (based on raw FG% rather than situation and type of shot taken), and screwed up paint attacking AI with terrible interior defense on settings out of the box.

The ridicule that Live gets is because their track record, their marketing, their secrecy, the scant information, and the fact that their few sizzle trailers are either CG or seem to be hiding everything important in a basketball game outside of dribbling IS somewhat ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
I'm sure you guys have issues with 2k too and voice them but it's the way you talk to people on the live boards like they are idiots and shouldn't have an opinion. That doesn't seem to happen over there.
Because there aren't that many guys who make every excuse possible for 2K on their forums and encourage others to ignore all worrying signs.

And I for one went pretty hard at the few guys who had the same unjustified optimism regarding certain modes in 2K14 and ignored the mounting and worrying evidence before release.

So it's not so much that we talk to people like they're idiots and that they shouldn't have an opinion. It's that we're trying to point out certain opinions are bad ones and might make them look like idiots. :P

Last edited by Sundown; 10-16-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #147
Pro

OVR: 6

EA needs a new next-gen art designer. This looks PS3.5-ish

Pro Sports: Falcons, Hawks
College Sports: Canes, Blue Devils

Are You A Gator *****?

Real Gator Haters Drink Powerade.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #148
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
By yours truly, even. I'm one of the most pessimistic (realistic?) critics of Live and I still nitpick 2K. It's not just the color but the type of ball is completely wrong. Live actually had it right for years (aside from the latest John Wall screenshot) and I referred to examples from Live 13 (I think).

I'm also ripping them on messed up shooter ratings (based on raw FG% rather than situation and type of shot taken), and screwed up paint attacking AI with terrible interior defense on settings out of the box.

The ridicule that Live gets is because their track record, their marketing, their secrecy, the scant information, and the fact that their few sizzle trailers that are either CG or seem to be hiding everything important in a basketball game outside of dribbling IS somewhat ridiculous.
Thing is shooter ratings, terrible interior defense and all that stuff you mentioned has nothing to do with Live 14. We have yet to see the game enough to know if any of those mishaps are even in the game. People are judging a brand new game based on it's history which isn't right if you ask me. People need to let bigons be bigons and stop bringing up old things that make no difference.

It's obvious EA has some sort of schedule they want to release information on and it has nothing to do with how many people cry and whine for information. Be patient, they've said before they want the game to do the talking. Now when you finally see the game, get your hands on, and react to it then we can start to banter about it, but as of right now people are bringing up issues that they aren't even sure are relevant to the game.

Just because everyone feels entitled to information from them because they haven't released in a few years doesn't make it necessarily true. What you're entitled to is a good game, and if it takes some patience then wait.

Last edited by NoTiCe_O; 10-16-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #149
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Man stop. These people are the consumer. You dobt satisfy them then your product dies as simple as that. There is no entitlement..without these fans this series is doomed to fail...

EA knows alot about that too dont they? So yes if they repeat the same past mistakes they may as well hang up nba basketball for good. We've already had about 5 different basketball games die and this series is no exception. Ignore your fans and you end up stuck with another title not enough people care for to sustain a reason for you to justify a large budget. Don't be fooled

Galaxy Note 2
Old 10-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #150
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Man stop. These people are the consumer. You dobt satisfy them then your product dies as simple as that. There is no entitlement..without these fans this series is doomed to fail...

EA knows alot about that too dont they? So yes if they repeat the same past mistakes they may as well hang up nba basketball for good. We've already had about 5 different basketball games die and this series is no exception. Ignore your fans and you end up stuck with another title not enough people care for to sustain a reason for you to justify a large budget. Don't be fooled

Galaxy Note 2
23, the blind faith in NBA Live is there and in full affect. I honestly believe no matter how bad this game is, it will sell for a few reasons. People LOVE NBA Live, certain people will look past all of its flaws no matter what and say the it's the greatest game ever.

People will buy it because it's not 2K. Some guys just wanna stick it to 2K, some guys just want a different game, no matter how bad it is. Just because it's different, they'll say it's better.

In all honesty, I think EA would have sold Elite 11, and it would have did a decent amount of sales if it weren't for Hard8times getting everyone on the Elite hating bandwagon.

It's a sad fact that EA can make this game, release it with all the same legacy issues and people will still buy it and defend it to the death.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #151
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
People are judging a brand new game based on it's history which isn't right if you ask me. People need to let bigons be bigons and stop bringing up old things that make no difference.
It absolutely makes a difference. The game is still being managed by EA. And if it's a new development house, then that studio has zero cred until they actually release a decent game, especially with a game as complicated as basketball. We also know from its development history that there is technology in there that has issues, and if they started from scratch, 18 months is NOT enough to build a realistic basketball game that compares to the other product.

In addition, everything they've shown (and not shown) hints that old problems still exist. If you pay any attention to the gameplay trailers, you'll see that the players in the background still animate in a jerky fashion when they change facing.

Bygones won't be bygones until they actually release a non-crappy product.

Anyway, you can't cite EA's legacy and treat Live as an actual brand that means anything while ignoring its past. You can't have it both ways.

Quote:
It's obvious EA has some sort of schedule they want to release information on and it has nothing to do with how many people cry and whine for information.
Actually it's somewhat obvious that EA's schedule is based on how unready their product is. They promised 5v5 gameplay by the end of summer. That's not on us. Then they failed to release a followup video to Kyrie's "to be continued" layup attempt for a whole month. All some of us are saying is, hey, EA could surprise us, but open your eyes. It's not a good look, and some folks are being way too gracious with EA as Live fans (again fans of what?) while being incredulous when others don't share their unjustified optimism.

Last edited by Sundown; 10-16-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #152
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Galaxy Note 2
Thing is it's not like they're ignoring the consumer, they're releasing information but it''s not good enough for all these "self-entitled" fans (or consumers).

It's obvious they're still working on the game, Scott even said it on the podcast (I think a lot of people need to listen to it). They don't want to release anymore work in progress videos. To be honest, I can sense the bitterness in your post "EA knows alot about that too dont they?"... "Don't be fooled". If you have a grudge against EA fine, but don't take it out on a game you know nothing about.

EA isn't forcing anyone to buy their game, you don't have to warn us of EA's evil ways we've seen the articles and witnessed football games be monopolized. Still, we can all make the knowledgeable decision based on facts. If you fall for the trolls that say "Pre-ordering immediately!" or "Way better than 2k, not even close!" then that's on you, but the ball don't lie. Soon enough EA will have to put up or shut up, but that doesn't mean we have to degrade every piece of info we see.

EA is capable of making good games, and if you look toward the future, this has the potential to be one of them.

Last edited by NoTiCe_O; 10-16-2013 at 04:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »