Home

NBA Live 14 Screenshot of John Wall

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Screenshot of John Wall within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #137
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA Live 14 Screenshot of John Wall

I just hope all the arenas aren't this dark. Not every team players under MSG or Staples Center lighting. Hopefully it's just picture editing affects.

I think one thing we can count on Live doing right is the arena atmosphere and presentation. NBA Live 10 STILL has better crowds than 2K, especially during Playoffs and Finals time. Made me feel like I was really playing a special game.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #138
Pro

OVR: 8
I'm tired of the screen shot under card. When does the gameplay main event come on?
Old 10-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #139
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I just hope all the arenas aren't this dark. Not every team players under MSG or Staples Center lighting. Hopefully it's just picture editing affects.

I think one thing we can count on Live doing right is the arena atmosphere and presentation. NBA Live 10 STILL has better crowds than 2K, especially during Playoffs and Finals time. Made me feel like I was really playing a special game.
Whoo I'm telling you, I would have my surround sound set on arena when I would play NBA Live 10.

There was a time when I was playing NBA Live 10 online and I was the home team. The game was cutthroat and I was shooting two game clinching free throws. My home crowd got so silent while I was shooting I could slice the tension with a knife. No sports game ever pulled me into the game that much, once I hit the free throws the crowd just erupted. It was such a great experience and really made the competition feel REAL.

From what Scott said in the Podcast that atmosphere is going to be back, and probably better than ever I'm assuming, especially with an ESPN broadcast package. The wait is on, I'll take any info you have EA, and this screen is not a bad start.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #140
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
I think the screenshot looks pretty damn good, just like I think the one of Oladipo the other day is pretty impressive as well. But I'm obviously in the minority here. LOL. I just don't take this stuff so seriously anymore. If they still haven't released good videos before the release date, then I won't buy it. If they release some good ones and I like how the gameplay looks, I'll buy it when I get a PS4. Simple as that. It won't matter if they release a gameplay video today, most of you will want 2 or 3 more.

The EA Sports crew didn't take advantage of an opportunity, but that doesn't mean the game is going to be crap. It doesn't mean it won't be crap either, but time will tell. You people have zero patience, and like someone else stated earlier, it's pretty comical visiting the NBA Live forum here at OS. I'm just thankful I have more important things to do than gripe about a video game we don't know enough about to warrant griping.
Just want to point out this post and there are a few others, but I won't quote them all. Nobody has said they won't buy Live when it comes out. Nobody has told anybody excited about Live to not buy it. But posts like this and a few others that continue to try to paint this picture like that's what's going on are the real comedy in this forum.

What myself and the people some of you keep taking veiled shots at have been doing have voiced concerns about the game based on things we've seen that align with things we've already seen in the past. We're all basically on the wait and see approach just like you guys are, but when something comes up that raises a concern we voice it and based on past experiences you would be a moron not to. Some of you taking shots about not being able to say anything positive about Live without getting jumped on are being hypocrites because you're complaining about "letting people be excited" and stating opinions and all this stuff, but if anybody expresses anything other than complete and utter excitement by whatever bread crumb we get on the game then all the "hating on anything EA does just to hate" comments start flying out of the woodwork.

I think the most comical out of the whole thing is the constant bringing up of 2K. I'm begging you guys, go into and actually read the 2K forums for a change instead of pretending like they aren't catching the same hell. The color of the basketball in the LeBron screenshot over there got criticized too.

Skopin you're one of the worst. 23 criticizes 2K as well so saying that Live is the only bball game he has a problem with is completely inaccurate. Everytime you post a gripe about Live, you make sure you lump 2K into as well. 2K's flaws are all known and addressed and bitched about ad nauseam in the 2K forums. You don't have to deflect legit concerns here in the Live forum about what 2K is doing wrong.

Everybody here wants two good basketball titles on the market to choose from. There's really no need for the warring for no real reason.

Last edited by King_B_Mack; 10-16-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #141
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
I never said it shouldn't have been addressed. But you're making it sound like it was a game-breaking issue. I just find it hard to believe that Live is the only basketball game you seem to have a problem with. With any luck, both companies will be able to address the shortcomings from current gen games.
Everything with Live was game breaking seeing as though people rejected it and it got cancelled, but dont be so blind to think they can start back at that point and stay in the game.

My reason for bringing it up in the first place is because why am I seeing residue of it on a so called rebuilt nex gen game, and certain things are showing up on something as simple as a photo in the midst of them trying to hide things from the general public.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #142
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Just want to point out this post and there are a few others, but I won't quote them all. Nobody has said they won't buy Live when it comes out. Nobody has told anybody excited about Live to not buy it. But posts like this and a few others that continue to try to paint this picture like that's what's going on are the real comedy in this forum.

What myself and the people some of you keep taking veiled shots at have been doing have voiced concerns about the game based on things we've seen that align with things we've already seen in the past. We're all basically on the wait and see approach just like you guys are, but when something comes up that raises a concern we voice it and based on past experiences you would be a moron not to. Some of you taking shots about not being able to say anything positive about Live without getting jumped on are being hypocrites because you're complaining about "letting people be excited" and stating opinions and all this stuff, but if anybody expresses anything other than complete and utter excitement by whatever bread crumb we get on the game then all the "hating on anything EA does just to hate" comments start flying out of the woodwork.

I think the most comical out of the whole thing is the constant bringing up of 2K. I'm begging you guys, go into and actually read the 2K forums for a change instead of pretending like they aren't catching the same hell. The color of the basketball in the LeBron screenshot over there got criticized too.

Skopin you're one of the worst. 23 criticizes 2K as well so saying that Live is the only bball game he has a problem with is completely inaccurate. Everytime you post a gripe about Live, you make sure you lump 2K into as well. 2K's flaws are all known and addressed and bitched about ad nauseam in the 2K forums. You don't have to deflect legit concerns here in the Live forum about what 2K is doing wrong.

Everybody here wants two good basketball titles on the market to choose from. There's really no need for the warring for no real reason.
You probably should've quoted a different post because what you said has absolutely nothing to do with what I replied. LOL. I could care less what 2K does, and if I want to discuss 2K, I'll go into that forum. If Live is good, I'll get it. If not, I won't. Not too hard to see all the negativity in this forum, whether you are like that or not. So pick another post to break down because you're wasting your time on mine.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #143
Rookie

OVR: 2
screen looks nice
Old 10-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #144
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
You probably should've quoted a different post because what you said has absolutely nothing to do with what I replied. LOL. I could care less what 2K does, and if I want to discuss 2K, I'll go into that forum. If Live is good, I'll get it. If not, I won't. Not too hard to see all the negativity in this forum, whether you are like that or not. So pick another post to break down because you're wasting your time on mine.
No it definitely is the right quoted post. Nobody is "taking things too seriously" (the worst, most annoying argument on all the internet), because people point out that they missed an opportunity to jump on 2K while they were focused on next gen doesn't mean they're saying that the game is going to be crap, etc. etc.

I said my post was directed at a few different posts, not just yours. The point is you guys are putting words in people's mouths whenever anything that isn't glowing with positives about Live is mentioned. These are legit concerns that people are raising and people are talking about people hating on a video game. If we were the EA hating, 2K fanboys that these posts imply why the hell would we be in here hating on everything EA does? We know without a single shred of doubt we'll have a game to play come November 15th and beyond that at least comes close to resembling the game of basketball.

But again, I'm greedy, I want as many good basketball titles on the market as possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »