Home

NBA Live 14 Screenshot of John Wall

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Screenshot of John Wall within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #129
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Screenshot of John Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
In the last game released which was live 10 it wasnt only cosmetic because you could be running down court full sprint with LeBron and they could follow you all the way down court at the same speed in that stance (CPU) and meet you at the rim

It also looks weird with the super fast feet shuffling, stiff body but like I said, if you played past Live's and from what has been seen here, its concerning, and like anything else, im still in wait and see mode, because there is no reason that stuff should still be there.
That's why I said it was cosmetic. In real life, no one would run down the court like that. The only issue was that they didn't switch to the run animation. The outcome of the play would still be the same. I'm not saying it shouldn't be/have been addressed, but it wasn't game-breaking by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #130
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
That's why I said it was cosmetic. In real life, no one would run down the court like that. The only issue was that they didn't switch to the run animation. The outcome of the play would still be the same. I'm not saying it shouldn't be/have been addressed, but it wasn't game-breaking by any stretch of the imagination.
Not that fast breaks still weren't ineffective anyway. Fastbreaks were nearly impossible in Live 10, for some reason the CPU players ALWAYS found a way to get back on time, even when you had a clear 3-1 advantage.

When they did it in that stupid hunched over animation, that made it even worse.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #131
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

NBA Live 10 was just flat out more fun than NBA 2K10 was. Once again, I'm obviously in the minority here, but I could care less. I'm going to buy the game that's more fun to me, and a few years ago, that game was NBA Live 10. It sucks EA Sports hasn't been able to get a game out in recent years, but hopefully they can get things going in the right direction again with 14.

And while we haven't seen much of NBA Live 14 to this point, nothing I've seen has turned me off yet. I've liked what I've seen so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 4
I wonder if the next-gen sports titles are scared of their product? its seems like all that they may have upped are the graphics and cosmetics of the game, and are worried to show gameplay because the improvements are limited
Old 10-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #133
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
Dude you could have all the momentum and the guy would still stop you in your tracks and put you in some cheesy contact shot. It wasnt just cosmetic and again look at the lame shuffling hunchback defense if still there is a legacy problem

Dont try to minimize something that shouldn't be there in the first place. Stop making excuses for everything.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #134
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Dude you could have all the momentum and the guy would still stop you in your tracks and put you in some cheesy contact shot. It wasnt just cosmetic and again look at the lame shuffling hunchback defense if still there is a legacy problem

Dont try to minimize something that shouldn't be there in the first place. Stop making excuses for everything.
I never said it shouldn't have been addressed. But you're making it sound like it was a game-breaking issue. I just find it hard to believe that Live is the only basketball game you seem to have a problem with. With any luck, both companies will be able to address the shortcomings from current gen games.

Last edited by Skopin; 10-16-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #135
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
NBA Live 10 was just flat out more fun than NBA 2K10 was. Once again, I'm obviously in the minority here, but I could care less. I'm going to buy the game that's more fun to me, and a few years ago, that game was NBA Live 10. It sucks EA Sports hasn't been able to get a game out in recent years, but hopefully they can get things going in the right direction again with 14.
I couldn't agree more, I mean I got a kick out of both games honestly. I think it's because I'm basically an online only player, so I enjoy the competition. Both Live and 2k brought a different flavor in 2010. When I wanted to build fantasy team in an online association and watch my team of mediocre players lead by Paul Pierce light up the league I would play 2k, it was fun.

Then when I got tired of 2k, and I wanted to go online and break some ankles with NBA Lives freestyle dribbling I would play Live. They both served a purpose, I never really compared them but enjoyed them both for what they were, flaws and all. I'm just glad that's back.

I don't care who wins the selling war, I don't work for either company, just put out a game I like and I'll buy it. Simple as that. I haven't seen anything from either game yet that says don't purchase, or that says purchase. So I'll wait and see. Most likely I'll get both because I'm just a fan of basketball, and competitive gaming online. From what I've seen and read so far NBA Live looks and sounds good. Team specific defenses, signature dribbling, physics based net & rim interactions, ball physics, even better atmosphere, fun defense, and a game that is shying away from exploits (cheese); Live sounds like a game I would love to play when I get my PS4

Of course there's probably someone who's going to say, "Oh, don't believe the hype EA is lying to you, don't you remember Elite, it's all buzzwords." Well, I'll wait and see for myself, and it seems EA is pretty confident letting the us see and decide for ourselves.

Overall good screenshot, and just the way John Wall is protecting and holding the basketball does look like how he would actually handle the ball in real life. I like, I hope they've gone or will go into as much authenticity (buzzword, nope real word) when it comes to the post game also. If they came out and said we have over 50 signature post game packages I would probably start drooling just thinking about the variety and fun that would bring to the game for me personally.

Last edited by NoTiCe_O; 10-16-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #136
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
I couldn't agree more, I mean I got a kick out of both games honestly. I think it's because I'm basically an online only player, so I enjoy the competition. Both Live and 2k brought a different flavor in 2010. When I wanted to build fantasy team in an online association and watch my team of mediocre players lead by Paul Pierce light up the league I would play 2k, it was fun.

Then when I got tired of 2k, and I wanted to go online and break some ankles with NBA Lives freestyle dribbling I would play Live. They both served a purpose, I never really compared them but enjoyed them both for what they were, flaws and all. I'm just glad that's back.

I don't care who wins the selling war, I don't work for either company, just put out a game I like and I'll buy it. Simple as that. I haven't seen anything from either game yet that says don't purchase, or that says purchase. So I'll wait and see. Most likely I'll get both because I'm just a fan of basketball, and competitive gaming online. From what I've seen and read so far NBA Live looks and sounds good. Team specific defenses, signature dribbling, physics based net & rim interactions, ball physics, even better atmosphere, fun defense, and a game that is shying away from exploits (cheese); Live sounds like a game I would love to play when I get my PS4

Of course there's probably someone who's going to say, "Oh, don't believe the hype EA is lying to you, don't you remember Elite, it's all buzzwords." Well, I'll wait and see for myself, and it seems EA is pretty confident letting the us see and decide for ourselves.

Overall good screenshot, and just the way John Wall is protecting and holding the basketball does look like how he would actually handle the ball in real life. I like, I hope they've gone or will go into as much authenticity (buzzword, nope real word) when it comes to the post game also. If they came out and said we have over 50 signature post game packages I would probably start drooling just thinking about the variety and fun that would bring to the game for me personally.
This. I would love to have two solid, fun basketball games to play. I couldn't care less who makes it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »