Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
i rather shoot off the face buttons to me, the dribble stick and 1 to 1 movement and responsiveness sounds good to me
yea i agree i don't mess with shoot with the sticks and 2k new controls is kinda annoying when i'm trying to just dribble, i have to hit the right stick quick if i don't want to shoot but it mess me up at time cause i end up turning the ball over by mistake be cause i can't control the stick like i really want to..so i love the controls for live
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by donp1981
I looked at him not being satisfied as motivation to get better. If you watched Peyton manning interview last week after they scored 51 points that game, he didn't talk about how awesome they played he talked about all the mistakes they made and how they need to improve. The great ones are never satisfied with where they are but looking to improve all the time. Just my opinion. I expect a serviceable game but I agree with you that 2014 should be mind blowing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
yea i agree with everything you just said, but i look at this year games setting a foundation for the features games, which EA already said thats their goal for this year...as far next-gen games in general it is what is lol..some ppl love what they see in them and some don't...thats just what type of world we live in....."hate it or love it"
Old 10-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
He was not a part of Elite of Live 10 so why ask him those questions, I respect what he has to say but there was little to no new information given, we are still with wait and see with EA and we should just trust them. During the interview he made a statement about showing not anything until the game is finished that would be fine 2-3 months ago but we are a month away from release the game should be Gold, also he said he was not a part of the team until a month before the cancellation of Live 13 which just make me wonder was 14 a evolution of 13 or a brand new game which would mean it has only been in development for a year.
he said they only had a year..and they did took stuff from 13 that they could use...and the game is taken a while to make because of things that had to be re-written and not mention that its going on new game systems(which every developer is trying to figure out)
Old 10-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but it all depends on when they received the dev kits for the PS4 and XBone.

The brand new game stuff is not happening. Not realistic IMO.

Elite was clearly built off of Live 10.

My only assumption is that '14 was done the same way/in a similar fashion. I'm just curious as to what % of animations they scrapped from Elite and what % are brand new.
elite was not from live 10 if it was then it would not have gotten cancel..and the graphics in elite demo was horrible compared to 10
Old 10-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #29
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
elite was not from live 10 if it was then it would not have gotten cancel..and the graphics in elite demo was horrible compared to 10
... What?

Elite 11 was built off of the Live 10 engine. They tried to smear a bunch of new gameplay mechanics and features in, but it was built off of the Live 10 engine.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
... What?

Elite 11 was built off of the Live 10 engine. They tried to smear a bunch of new gameplay mechanics and features in, but it was built off of the Live 10 engine.
same engine but completely different game. they scrapped most of live 10 fundamentals
Old 10-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #31
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
same engine but completely different game. they scrapped most of live 10 fundamentals
I know that, and doing that was probably the biggest mistake they could have ever made. I was just trying to inform that guy that Elite 11 was definitely built off the same engine as Live 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #32
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
Yes it was. Player models, post moves, rebounding, nets, etc.

Hockey dude remapped the controls and nixed the contextual animations.

But the bones were Live 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »