Home

How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K

This is a discussion on How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
How is this even a topic of discussion when live hasnt even put out 10 seconds of any gameplay vids yet!!!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #10
Banned

Keep dreaming it's not gonna happen. Nba2k14 plays the closest to Nba, plus with With next gen graphics.. C'MON SON!!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5
NBA Live can start by keeping its promises of showing gameplay on the dates they scheduled. I'm sure by this point the game is 90% done since we are just over a month from launch. 2K is in the drivers seat and there latest CG effort is the most balanced gameplay I've experienced. So going into NG, I believe it's going to be hard for Live to take throne back from live. I hope it comes close, i wouldn't mind playing both.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #12
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K

Can I see AT LEAST 5-10 minutes of 5 on 5 gameplay first?? Until we get the game in our hands I think this article is a teensy, weensy, bit premature.

Can Jet Sufferer overtake Tiger Woods as the Number 1 Golfer in the world?

Well Jet is Club Champion at a large public 36 hole facility with a lot of good players and did win the county Amateur Championship.

Now you see at least I've shown you something tangible, SOMETHING!

Alas, I'm almost 50 and me trying to compete with PGA pros is a pipe dream.

I would say EA and I have about the same odds of being the King.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #13
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

If 2k14 is just the same game ported over (again) with better graphics and more animations it will still be plagued by the same foundational issues that people complain about every year, except there will be more ways to cover them up (more animations, and better branching). Who knows, they might even hit the limit wall again.

NBA Live 14 on the other hand has technology in place that can evolve over time, eventually bouncetek next year will be better than bouncetek this year. Footplanting, momentum, and physics will be better next year than they were this year. It's not just about adding more animations but actually adding real life factors into the game to make it more life like.

I'm under the impression that they are hard at work right now, and could care less about putting out a flashy video because if the gameplay is solid it won't really matter. I mean after the game is out how many of us actually go back and watch the trailers and say "yup, this game plays just like the trailer". No, we play the real game and want nothing to do with videos anymore.

I mean when GTA was building hype everybody was gawking over the trailers, but now the game is out and the gameplay is great no one cares about those trailers anymore, maybe EA is taking a hit on the marketing to make sure they deliver a solid game.

NBA Live could dethrone 2k by creating a game that plays and acts more like real life rather than just looks and animates like real life. EA has the technology to make this game great by adding some realistic factors.

- Seeing players get fatigued and tired after playing for a while. Lumbering and slow, breathing heavy, just not up to par
- Footplanting and momentum that can be used against a defensive player in order to cross him over.
- Post game that actually takes into account the weight, strength and agility of the players (Physics)
- A.I that fashions itself after the real life players, and see players acting like they do in real life, down to the hand they finish with and direction they drive most often.
- Realistic ball handling and signature/distinctive dribbling moves based on player
- Real ball physics

I could go on, but based on what EA is doing in their other titles the potential for this game to be lifelike is there.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
NBA Live can start by keeping its promises of showing gameplay on the dates they scheduled. I'm sure by this point the game is 90% done since we are just over a month from launch. 2K is in the drivers seat and there latest CG effort is the most balanced gameplay I've experienced. So going into NG, I believe it's going to be hard for Live to take throne back from live. I hope it comes close, i wouldn't mind playing both.
I came into this article to say the same exact thing! Not living up to the simplest of promises is mind boggling to me. And wats worse is we been here done this with them. It's literally the same script from live. Focused on dribbling , we haven't forgot about the other aspects of basketball tho, true physics in some form, no canned animations, we're gonna be open and honest with the fans through out the process, then broken promises left and right. I just don't understand how they follow this script no matter who is in charge. This is the only thing holding me back from believing live can be something special. And I do think 2k left the door open a for live just a little bit. But the live team has to honor they word.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husband73
Keep dreaming it's not gonna happen. Nba2k14 plays the closest to Nba, plus with With next gen graphics.. C'MON SON!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
Can I see AT LEAST 5-10 minutes of 5 on 5 gameplay first?? Until we get the game in our hands I think this article is a teensy, weensy, bit premature.

Can Jet Sufferer overtake Tiger Woods as the Number 1 Golfer in the world?

Well Jet is Club Champion at a large public 36 hole facility with a lot of good players and did win the county Amateur Championship.

Now you see at least I've shown you something tangible, SOMETHING!

Alas, I'm almost 50 and me trying to compete with PGA pros is a pipe dream.

I would say EA and I have about the same odds of being the King.
The article makes it very clear this strategy is long-term.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #16
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
I could go on, but based on what EA is doing in their other titles the potential for this game to be lifelike is there.
Wait..um...what?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »