Home

How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K

This is a discussion on How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K

The gaming landscape has changed greatly in the four years since NBA Live and NBA 2K last faced off in competition.

NBA Live went on vacation; NBA 2K grew into a juggernaut.

If EA Sports tries to recapture the basketball gaming market out of the gate, it will be like Jose Calderon trying to guard Kobe. To return to relevance, the Live team needs to rebuild brick by brick.

By focusing on delighting one segment of the community at a time, they can win over different groups of gamers and convert them into loyal customers. To optimize this process, EA can focus on gamers who feel that 2K falls short of satisfying their main desires.

Thankfully, EA picked the perfect way to start.

Read More - How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
NBA Live = Catfish
Old 10-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K

Y'all gonna ride this dribbling thing til the wheels fall off, huh?
Old 10-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
If 2k haven't done much to there gameplay I can easily see this happening.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I think EA even knows it's a long uphill climb for them. As iv'e said before, I think 2K is just too far ahead, and now that next gen will be out in a month, I believe they'll cement their lead even further this year.

The only way I can see Live catching up is if they shock the world, and next year release the greatest basketball game of all time, and 2K falters next year, instead of improving on Next Gen, and I don't see that happening. One of the guys on the Live team even said it would take them about 2 years just to get where they want to be. Hell, in two years, 2K will have already won this gen of consoles if Live doesn't STEP IT UP.

I want this team to succeed, but I have no faith that they can do so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Silence could never Dethrone anything!!! And mentioning a technology vs. showing a technology won't help that.

I agree it would be very refreshing to have a different visual style and a different style of gameplay, but dethroning is pushing it. They've been out of the loop too long.

And yeah you right, the gaming industry is different in 4 years. Fans and gamers are more crucial to point out flaws and things like that. Fanboys are at a all time high.

And true sim people are at an all time low, but even the casuals want realism...and we haven't seen that yet in this camp...even the most awkward animation will get dissected.

Last edited by Behindshadows; 10-09-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows

Silence could never Dethrone anything!!! And mentioning a technology vs. showing a technology won't help that.

I agree it would be very refreshing to have a different visual style and a different style of gameplay, but dethroning is pushing it. They've been out of the loop too long.

And yeah you right, the gaming industry is different in 4 years. Fans and gamers are more crucial to point out flaws and things like that. Fanboys are at a all time high.

And true sim people are at an all time low, but even the casuals want realism...and we haven't seen that yet in this came...even the most awkward animation will get dissected.
IDK man, that "gameplay" trailer they released a while back had a TON of flaws, including some clipping, and that same ugly layup animation from NBA Live 09, and some guys in here were praising it like it was the greatest thing ever. Someone went as far as saying it looked better than 2Ks next gen footage.

Live fans are going to buy this game, love it, and praise it like it's the greatest game ever. Instead of buying it, playing it and actually pointing out the flaws so EA can actually improve on it. It just doesn't happen that way anymore, not with this game.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I admire your dedication, but it's now October 9th and EA has yet to show any real gameplay. My faith that after all those years of laying dormant, EA would rise like a 40 year old virgin in nude bar have withered away. I'm just going to have to put the time and effort into learning how to play 2k.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »