Home

OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #185
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

I'm not a big fan of EA this gen but I feel 2k is overrated as a company and not much better if better at all than EA.

I liked NBA Live 10 just as much as NBA 2k10 so I was confused on why the big change.

2k had the better bball engine and they milked it this whole gen. Rosters and the 2k insider have been maybe the worst rosters and updates of any sports game to date and still no change, just lies.

Until 2k gets rosters right Live always has a chance.

I have bought NBA 2k since dreamcast days i believe in 2001 always on release day. Before that I bought NBA Live. I purchased NBA 2k13 on ps3, 360, and wiiu last year for $60 each.

I have not purchased Nba 2k14 because the rosters have not changed and 2k lied a storm about rosters heading into this years game. No chance I buy it or even play it if it was free.

Last edited by themove9; 10-04-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #186
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by themove9
I'm not a big fan of EA this gen but I feel 2k is overrated as a company and not much better if better at all than EA.

I liked NBA Live 10 just as much as NBA 2k10 so I was confused on why the big change.

2k had the better bball engine and they milked it this whole gen. Rosters and the 2k insider have been maybe the worst rosters and updates of any sports game to date and still no change, just lies.

Until 2k gets rosters right Live always has a chance.

I have bought NBA 2k since dreamcast days i believe in 2001 always on release day. Before that I bought NBA Live. I purchased NBA 2k13 on ps3, 360, and wiiu last year for $60 each.

I have not purchased Nba 2k14 because the rosters have not changed and 2k lied a storm about rosters heading into this years game. No chance I buy it or even play it if it was free.
You do realize that the NBA season has not started yet and there is a disclaimer stating that the game rosters are based off a certain date, which will not change until the season starts.

Last edited by coolcras7; 10-05-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #187
Rookie

OVR: 0

Am I the only one who is feeling deja vu? I feel like I've been through this before.

At this point i'd consider it an accomplishment if Live is even released.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #188
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltokPwnage04
Am I the only one who is feeling deja vu? I feel like I've been through this before.

At this point i'd consider it an accomplishment if Live is even released.
Because EA is all about the money and even if the developers love the game and want to release it the suits will not allow it to see the light of day if they know it can't compete with the other game, because it would destroy the brand name and face it the screams of wanting a 2k NFL game are getting louder after that weak video EA released about next gen madden, they can't afford to put out a subpar NBA game on top of that.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #189
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Live doesn't need to beat 2k, let alone compete with it, it just needs to be a unique experience in its own right. If its just simple fun again, then it can have a nice niche for some people and be viable again .
Old 10-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #190
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

That's not enough for sales or else itll be less than live 10 which they felt wasnt oulling in enough aka even though it was the best of the series.

Galaxy Note 2 now Free
Old 10-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #191
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
That's not enough for sales or else itll be less than live 10 which they felt wasnt oulling in enough aka even though it was the best of the series.

Galaxy Note 2 now Free
I think it will sell. Specially if reviews are good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #192
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10

I am just looking for something different, something fresh...I remember playing NBA Inside Drive back in 02 and loved that game. All the stat overlays and commentary. Wasn't the best animations or graphics, but I enjoyed the hell out of that game.

Hopefully Live will put something out that can be built on and not scrapped every 2 to 3 years. I have always purchased both 2k and Live (when available) because I always had friends that were loyal to one or the other. Those were the good o'l days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »