Home

OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #177
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
It doesn't have a chance to dethrone 2K, but it does have a chance to be fun. And that's what people should look for, not for it to beat 2K.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #178
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
2k has released two hype trailers focusing on animations! Why animations I mean 2k has always been good visually with animations. Just more of the same crap with them... No mention of anything about the game other than stats and I don't see playable 5vs5 either. Knowing their history it's a port since history tells all.

Ea has a trailer too. Yet in addition next gen tech ignite info, synergy, court q, playable Bouncetek demo and vid showing how it works. They have backed up what they are showing yet for some reason it's not enough. There is more coming this week and the weeks to follow. How is that scary?
You have no clue what you're talking about do you? Focusing on animations? Wha? Do you even know what animations are? If history tells all then I guess we won't be seeing Live 14 at all now will we? Ooops.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #179
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
You have no clue what you're talking about do you? Focusing on animations? Wha? Do you even know what animations are? If history tells all then I guess we won't be seeing Live 14 at all now will we? Ooops.
I was going to respond to his post, but decided to let him to continue looking foolish. he doesn't know the difference between animations & visual/graphical upgrades. either way his points are mixed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 10-03-2013 at 02:30 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #180
Rookie

OVR: 5

I remember posting something similar to this last year around the same time. All threads referring to NBA Elite and NBA Live 13 should be required reading. Roll 'em out 23!
Until a title is delivered on time, NBA LIVE as a series is irrelevant. They have done nothing to gain any potential consumers favor or trust in the last 3 and a half years.

Strongly beginning to think if LIVE doesn't sell 2.5-3 million units with the NG title (wont happen) they'll be done with the NBA.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...er-departments

I'm sure it's not a good thing when your new head of operations doesn't mention you when speaking of the companies major sports titles.

Last edited by kingeo19; 10-03-2013 at 08:14 AM. Reason: broken link
Old 10-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #181
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
2k has released two hype trailers focusing on animations! Why animations I mean 2k has always been good visually with animations. Just more of the same crap with them... No mention of anything about the game other than stats and I don't see playable 5vs5 either. Knowing their history it's a port since history tells all.

Ea has a trailer too. Yet in addition next gen tech ignite info, synergy, court q, playable Bouncetek demo and vid showing how it works. They have backed up what they are showing yet for some reason it's not enough. There is more coming this week and the weeks to follow. How is that scary?
EA's promo info videos are worthless until we actually see the game. It's the same sort of hype they released for... wait for it... Elite 11.

If history really tells all, then EA's lying through their teeth again and the game won't be released. But in all seriousness, if we are to trust EA's history and realities we know about their development situation, it'll probably be a bad to mediocre game with some interesting pieces of tech at the very best.

Anyway, you can't cite history and not have it cut both ways. And it doesn't cut well for EA and Live at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #182
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
EA's promo info videos are worthless until we actually see the game. It's the same sort of hype they released for... wait for it... Elite 11.

If history really tells all, then EA's lying through their teeth again and the game won't be released. But in all seriousness, if we are to trust EA's history and realities we know about their development situation, it'll probably be a bad to mediocre game with some interesting pieces of tech at the very best.

Anyway, you can't cite history and not have it cut both ways. And it doesn't cut well for EA and Live at all.
Yea, history is not something to bring up if you're trying to defend EA...Not sure where he was going with that.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #183
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm hoping being built from the ground up for 2+ years, Live will just be fun again.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #184
Rookie

OVR: 0

Obviously not. People are gonna buy the proven product, not the game from a series that hasn't even been good enough to see the light of day since 2009.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »