Home

OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #153
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
FYI they've updated the nba.com/nbalive site (correctly this time I assume) and now they are listing 3 total trailers--the first we've seen already and the next two coming in October. So wouldn't expect anything until late next week at the earliest.
thank you for this info. I'M done once again this year with both madden and live. and just hoping next year we see some kind of progress and at least decent timely info on the product, rather than this BS wait and see approach. Been down this road with EA basketball too many times over the past 4-5 years. So in all respects live stands no chance this year, if Next gen 2k is even half as polished than its 360/ps3 version....it's still the better product to get this year for your hoops gaming.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #154
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysportsboi
thank you for this info. I'M done once again this year with both madden and live. and just hoping next year we see some kind of progress and at least decent timely info on the product, rather than this BS wait and see approach. Been down this road with EA basketball too many times over the past 4-5 years. So in all respects live stands no chance this year, if Next gen 2k is even half as polished than its 360/ps3 version....it's still the better product to get this year for your hoops gaming.
Not sure how this news changes anything regarding that. They have still released more information on next-gen than 2k has. So this obviously wasn't the dealbreaker.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #155
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

All of you griping will be right back here next week or the week after when they release more media. Like the guy above me said, we've still seen more next-gen NBA LIVE stuff than 2K. I'm not even sure I'm getting a next-gen system this year, but I'm still hopeful EA can do the right thing and get things back on track.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #156
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Why does lack of videos scare everyone? News flash. We haven't seen jack **** from 2k yet.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #157
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Why does lack of videos scare everyone? News flash. We haven't seen jack **** from 2k yet.
We had the Lebron trailer from the finals that looked amazing. We got a teaser trailer today that looked just as good. Oh, and a solid base game to build off.

So far, EA has given us some CGI trailers, a bunch of screenshots and about a minute and a half of Kyrie dribbling without ever seeing the ball go through the net.

Advantage 2k thus far.

Really hoping Live can show us something amazing in the next couple of weeks.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #158
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
At this point it's the constant changing of information. The NBA.com site originally showed 8 trailers lined up, and had dates for them from what I understand. The dates were removed quickly after EA explained that the dates were not from a credible source. But the 8 placeholders were still there. Now they are down to only two placeholders instead of 8.

They also had given a general timeline of when they would release footage. 5v5 gameplay was supposed to come by the end of the summer. They released some screenshots, which was great, and a trailer, which was also good, but nothing since.

I'm not saying it should scare anyone, but at this point, their marketing team needs to do some damage control. 2k's trailer today didn't show anything more than Live's a few weeks ago, but 2k also has current gen to promote, and the gaming community is not on Live's side.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #159
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
I'm not saying it should scare anyone, but at this point, their marketing team needs to do some damage control. 2k's trailer today didn't show anything more than Live's a few weeks ago, but 2k also has current gen to promote, and the gaming community is not on Live's side.
Uhh...how so? For one thing we saw multiple teams and players. We saw an actual made field goal. More than one actually. I'm confused how you drew that conclusion.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #160
MVP

I Djm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Uhh...how so? For one thing we saw multiple teams and players. We saw an actual made field goal. More than one actually. I'm confused how you drew that conclusion.

we didn't see anyone dribbling duh!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »