Home

OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #145
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

2k will probably be the same game it always has been. Live was made from the ground up for next gen. I think it could be awesome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #146
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

I think Live needs to come out guns-Uh-blazing to change the perception. I don't know how well the whole 3 year plan strategy is going to work considering the favorable fanbase 2k still has.

Now if it was a challenger to Madden we were talking about it would be a bit different because Madden fans are looking for a ALT so it wasn't and wouldn't be hard for fans to try a different game.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #147
MVP

OVR: 0

They have the technology and the right vision as far as focusing on Sim play, the only question is time--do they have enough to get it right this year.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #148
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
2k will probably be the same game it always has been. Live was made from the ground up for next gen. I think it could be awesome
You have to be deceived, Live was probably rebuilt from the ground up, but its still appears they used codes from elite 11 and live 13, so i think people are really looking into that complete rebuild thing to much... if thats the case why do we still see the same issue that plagued previous installments, lag, stiff movement, and is you watch those physics videos you still see ball warping and snapping....
Old 09-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #149
Rookie

You guys are critiquing this game way too hard. Those physics and trailer show vast improvement over the two canned installments. Compared to what we saw in the glitchy Live 13 video last year.....this thing does look built from the ground up. Does that mean they have to scrap every animation and code from previous games? Certainly not. It would take two complete development cycles maybe more if they did that. Remember Live 13 was canned around this time last year so there's no way they could start from scratch and be ready for Nov. 19th. Time isn't on their side. Lets just hope they kept the good and scrapped the bad. At the end of the day it's still a video game. Will they ever be able to fix these issues entirely? Probably not. Will that make it a bad game....hell no. That would mean 2K is a horrible game too. C'mon man yall crack me up.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #150
MVP

FYI they've updated the nba.com/nbalive site (correctly this time I assume) and now they are listing 3 total trailers--the first we've seen already and the next two coming in October. So wouldn't expect anything until late next week at the earliest.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #151
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
FYI they've updated the nba.com/nbalive site (correctly this time I assume) and now they are listing 3 total trailers--the first we've seen already and the next two coming in October. So wouldn't expect anything until late next week at the earliest.
epic fail
10chr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #152

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Im starting to become less interested in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »