Home

OS Roundtable: Where does EA Football Stand at the End of This Generation?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Where does EA Football Stand at the End of This Generation? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
It is clear that after almost 10 years of buying the same 2 football games at an expense to all of us of about 1000 dollars per person, we are all pretty fed up with it. Do not get me wrong with the proper sliders nfl 25 is a decent game of football. But lets be real why do I need to use sliders to fix things that are broken.

It is time to demand better - but its hard to garner support. I am through with talking to EA about it and would like to take it to the NFL. This petition was created to do just that - http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/end-the-ea-monopoly-of-the-nfl-license/signatures

Sign up and get your friends to as well. I am not sure how many signatures it would take maybe 250,000 would let the NFL know that we are not impressed. For gooness sake they just got the refs back on the field a few years back and this year we get an all madden team - are you joking? All madden team were available since back in the days of Sega. they add features and remove them at will and then say we did not have time.

They make millions on us, add some more programmers, a good excuse this does not make
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3
I truly believe people who have been playing football games since the late 90's or early 2000's (Madden and other titles) deep down know where we should at in terms of football simulation with our current technology in 2013. Our expectations definitely haven't been met and I feel like people who LOVE madden and say that the newest title is a big improvement are those that don't have much knowledge with other titles from the past.
There were games on previous gen that did many things better than ea that wasn't titled NFL 2k. I remember things from NFL quarterback club that got things right over madden like having mid air tackles in a game made in 2001 or chain crews and refs you could actually knock over in a game et cetera. and I still believe NFL fever on xbox had better player movement than current madden.

The people who love madden are usually comparing madden to earlier maddens which allows EA to get off easily.
If you don't have an accurate perception of where football games should be based on the evolution of the game over the last decade then just look around at other sport games and what they've managed to do. NBA 2K turned me into an nba fan which is a big thing to me. However whenever I think of madden I'm just happy i've been into the sport since I was really young cause this game would have turned me off the sport if i was new to it.
We deserve to be critical of EA for their product, simple as that.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Madden series is not even close to what 2K as done with the NBA 2K series. Presentation is far from the spectacle of real NFL football. Gameplay is often broken and unrealistic. My expectation for the next gen versions is nothing more than lipstick on a pig. Same game engine with whatever patches take place between now and next gen release with slightly better graphics. I doubt, based on the past 5 years that you see any real improvements. If this series had competition, you would have seen cancelled/failed releases just like the NBA Live (dead) series. I like many others play an occasional game of Madden because there are no other choices available.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
It's simple to answer this question. Tiburon screwed up this game beyond all recognition. In 8 years, we saw absolutely ZERO innovation in football gaming. In fact, Tiburon not only couldn't fix their mistakes from last gen, they couldn't even replace everything that we already had back then. TERRIBLE. Madden 25 is a decent game, but it should have come out back in 2008.

I hate to be the guy to say this, but the reality is had 2k been able to continue, Madden would have gone the way of NBA Live or it would have been a much better product out of necessity. This entire generation was a solid waste and ended up alienated long time fans.

This reputation will be really hard to shake too. No company is more hated than EA/Tiburon. They may try to tell you different, but that is the case due their own doing, no one else's fault.
Well said!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #45
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: OS Roundtable: Where does EA Football Stand at the End of This Generation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordZMaster
The Madden series is not even close to what 2K as done with the NBA 2K series. Presentation is far from the spectacle of real NFL football. Gameplay is often broken and unrealistic. My expectation for the next gen versions is nothing more than lipstick on a pig. Same game engine with whatever patches take place between now and next gen release with slightly better graphics. I doubt, based on the past 5 years that you see any real improvements. If this series had competition, you would have seen cancelled/failed releases just like the NBA Live (dead) series. I like many others play an occasional game of Madden because there are no other choices available.
this is what i talk about in "bold", and i'm not trying to pick a argument, but in reality, you don't know this unless you have been at E3, Games-con, Pax or better yet the studio, where the game is being made. outside of people that were actually "blessed" to play this new gen behind closed doors, and the people who make this game and other games as well, no one can do nothing but "assume" at best. the stuff will be out soon, and people can make choices then.

https://youtube.com/@storm_warningz?feature=shared

Last edited by StormsWarning; 09-09-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I can go to 100's of different eating establishments.

We only have 2 football games...both made by EA.

And we don't have a choice....and it is out of our control.

If you don't like the game...don't buy it. I like it. So I buy it.

I enjoy it for what it is....cause it is all we have right now and for the last 7 years.

Sheesh.

It's a stinkin video game. LOL!!!!
AGAIN...If its just "a stinking video game" why did you go you through all the trouble to come to OP, sign up, contribute, and post on forums frequently to talk about "stinking video games" ? Seems like alot of trouble for just a couple of video games.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #47
Rookie

wech's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
I think it depends on which game your using as the foundation moving forward. If they use NCAA14, and incorporate some of the FUN thats found in that game over to Madden then we might have something.

NCAA 14 as it is now is a ton of fun for me. So much so that it may keep me form Madden 25 until I hear more positives. NCAA 14 has brought me back into Dynasty mode in such a way that I haven't been since NCAA 2004.

The thing with Madden, even the later iterations (12 and 13) that are at least playable is that they are laborious to enjoy. I feel like its alot of work to sit down and enjoy a franchise game of madden, if that makes sense.
The thing with Madden, even the later iterations (12 and 13) that are at least playable is that they are laborious to enjoy. I feel like its alot of work to sit down and enjoy a franchise game of madden, if that makes sense.

Truer words were never spoken. I really just want to be able to put the game in, easily access what I need to for my franchise and go. It SHOULD be that simple. Tinkering with every last thing for hours on end just to be able to play doesnt seem worth it most times. Its really what stops me from playing it a lot. Its just too darn complicated to sit and easily enjoy it in franchise mode.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #48
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
AGAIN...If its just "a stinking video game" why did you go you through all the trouble to come to OP, sign up, contribute, and post on forums frequently to talk about "stinking video games" ? Seems like alot of trouble for just a couple of video games.

There is a line......I am a passionate sports gamer.....that's why I am here.

At the same time I have the maturity to realize.....it is a video game and to take that at face value. Some are really good....some are really bad. Most fall somewhere in between.

But a toy (which is what we are talking about) would never get me so riled to the point of spewing the type of anger and venom that I see on these boards.

It's absurd to be frank.

And yeah....in the end....compared to everything relative in life....

It's a stinking video game.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1 (2-1)
MLB 20 The Show - Classic Rosters and Yankees YR8
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »