Home

OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-17-2013, 01:37 AM   #129
Rookie

FR33's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
The question should be who will come out on top b/c this is a new system and if im not mistaken live has had more time to prepare for nex gen so that kind of evens things out as far as next gen consoles. I say that only b/c 2k has a pretty decent record when it comes to delivering with the exception of nba 2k13.

Dont get it twisted 2k just has momentum b/c they have been releasing games so everybody assumes whats going to happen based off of past history. However this is NEW SYSTEMS so nobody knows whats going to happen for sure until we see gameplay.

So fanboys chill the xxxx out with the arguments until we see gameplay b/c somebody is bound to get their feelings hurt as serious and emotional as you mufs get.
I agree! I have been a 2K fan since Dreamcast, but Live did have some little nuances in presentation that I always liked better. Game play just seemed a little too arcady on Live to me. There usually isn't a huge difference in the graphics. Like you said DatGD12guage's, we're in for something different on the new systems. I can't wait to see how 2K & Live look on next gen systems. I also agree with Robert Kollars that the competition will be good.

Now if only we can get a return of 2K football.........
Old 09-17-2013, 01:45 AM   #130
MVP

Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
If they unleash a hella good online mode similar to the EASHL in the NHL series, it could knock 2K out. Crews mode is terrible.
I never played the NHL series but agree with the idea. I've been saying for awhile that 2k's weakness is online play and consistent up****** of the game--two important areas EA could really dominate. If they can create semi-realistic gameplay they definitely have a chance. Also, now that 2K has strongly emphasized earning "VC" which involves a lot of monotonous, time-wasting, mind-numbing, button mashing and/or paying actual money--a game without all that nonsense would be really appealing to a lot of people.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #131
Rookie

miamifan1997's Arena

OVR: 8
Looking at the screenshots, Live looks like trash. No one other than Kyrie looks anything like real life and all shoes, accessories, etc. look extremely generic. That being said, even with all that Live will win me over if there is a more RPG feel to a career mode. That is what I have been looking for. And that screenshot of looking out into the Arena gives me chills thinking about the possibilities of being able to walk from a locker room into an arena in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #132
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggs6taters
This article title and entire article is a shame. This website tries way too hard to make sure they show bias for 2K. I mean it's like people on here think that game has no flaws...Does Live stand a chance? lol what a joke last time I checked Live did just fine back when they were making games.

Hey OS wipe yourself off, your bias is showing.
Was the last time you checked 2009?
Old 09-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #133
Banned

If Live manages to be, even half decent, yes it stands a chance.

I'm sure many people share my feelings that 2K (while a quality product) has been so similar over the last few years that we just want something different.

I'm one of the few that thought Live 2006 that launched with the 360 had a lot of potential. If they can get back there and keep going, they'll have a worthwhile series again. Especially graphically, as I saw 06 as the most realistic looking bball game.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #134
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Most agree EA does a really nice job with NHL and FIFA. Football games gets more hate from fans but they sell a whole lot of them. Pretty easy to assume they can makes a decent hoops game based on the success they have on other sports.

Live 14 won't be as good as 2k. All it has to be is decent and different and they should be fine.
PS4: Nothing currently
Old 09-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #135
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclutch
Most agree EA does a really nice job with NHL and FIFA. Football games gets more hate from fans but they sell a whole lot of them. Pretty easy to assume they can makes a decent hoops game based on the success they have on other sports.

Live 14 won't be as good as 2k. All it has to be is decent and different and they should be fine.
It's easy to assume they can do it based on their other games, and yet it's been almost four years since they've been able to do it. So, I'm done assuming.

I agree with your conclusion that it just needs to be decent enough and unique.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #136
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclutch

2k won't be as good as Live either

I keep saying that because I just think of Madden when people say Live won't be as good as 2k

And I say that because When Madden was on PS2/XBOX they were the best games of the series BUT when Current Gen rolled around things started to go down hill

Now I'm not saying 2k won't be good

IMO BOTH will be good because of one word ........ COMPETITION

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »