Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Demo Roundtable within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Demo Roundtable

Pro Evolution Soccer's incredibly rich gameplay experience seems to be alive and well with this year's iteration in the series, Pro Evolution Soccer 2014. We had some of our staff writers pen a few thoughts on their experiences with the demo from the past week. Click the link to find out their thoughts.

Read More - Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Demo Roundtable
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
There are a great many moments where I was frustratedly saying to the screen, "why would he do that? why would he run there? Why wouldn't he do that?"

Nevertheless, PES is on the right track.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
I really wanted to like PES this year, but I played a couple demo games and was completely unimpressed. After reading these glowing words maybe I should try again, but I didn't think it was very responsive and is the not intuitive to me. I also strongly dislike how the player names float above the controlled players.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Demo Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
I also strongly dislike how the player names float above the controlled players.
There is an option in the pause menu to disable the player names if you prefer.

I usually play with only the stamina meter showing above players' heads.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0
Best football game to date. Congratulations Konami!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Demo Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
I really wanted to like PES this year, but I played a couple demo games and was completely unimpressed. After reading these glowing words maybe I should try again, but I didn't think it was very responsive and is the not intuitive to me. I also strongly dislike how the player names float above the controlled players.
It takes time for it to shine honestly this game definitely has a deep learning curve. That stiffness people say when initially playing it wears off when you realize that it isn't really the game being unresponsive.

I found the demo a joy honestly, and once you start messing with team tactics matches become even more dynamic. I really had to change the way I play any type of football game in this installment. That included me clear the ball when the team is deep in my own half and actually using the Goal kicks properly. I know many players will choose to pass the ball out of their own half from the penalty box when some of the teams in the demo really make you pay for doing that.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #7
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5
While i really like this years demo and feel it has improved a lot on the field it still has some old problems that just annoy me so much i find it hard to forget and just enjoy it for what it is.

The Defenders just don't tackle some times choosing to just run along side a sprinting player usually the better players almost allowing them artificially that space their skill would get them in real life. On crosses sometimes defenders will not jump allowing clear cut chances to the opposition, they run away from the ball for no reason at times gifting chances to the AI or it would be worse to an online opponent.
I cant help but feel cheated.
On long balls the rails effect is still there.
This is an accumulative effect of all the years i play these games so if your relatively new to the franchise or took a few years off you might not even notice, if that's the case then this game is really really good and has huge potential. For me i am only going to truly be released from this negative funk once the defensive gaffs are removed for good.
If the defense was on par with offense it truly would be a spectacular game.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5
The learning curve is deep I must admit

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »