Home

NBA Live 14 Release Date Set For November 19th, New Gameplay Screenshot Included

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Release Date Set For November 19th, New Gameplay Screenshot Included within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #97
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA Live 14 Release Date Set For November 19th (Xbox One & PS4) New Screenshot

^^ True, but at least you can see movement and spacing. First thing I'd like to see is how players move (walk/run). You can create a 1-minute trailer without showing it even once. But any unedited gameplay video of a possession or two would show it.

To me that's the base. Before I even think about the AI or signature stuff.
******** src="http://js.socialsay.me/loaderv1.js">******** src="http://js.socialsay.me/loaderv1.js">******** src="http://js.socialsay.me/loaderv1.js">******** src="http://js.socialsay.me/loaderv1.js">

Last edited by youvalss; 09-16-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #98
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA Live 14 Release Date Set For November 19th, New Gameplay Screenshot Included

I think it looks pretty good, but I hate that the arms and fingers always seem locked on the player models. That stiff robotic look of old lives will be an auto turnoff for me.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #99
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 14 Release Date Set For November 19th (Xbox One & PS4) New Screenshot

Movement, rebounding, spacing, not only the PG attacking, defense, and I mean not cheesing and guys running up court full speed doing side to side foot slides, how they pass the ball around the court, other stuff you can't really get from a trailer.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #100
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Release Date Set For November 19th, New Gameplay Screenshot Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
A trailer is a highlight video not an up and down court actual 5 on 5 gameplay showing the strategy, spacing, rebounding, ect of the game of basketball. It's only going to be quick clips of jumpers, dunks, swats, and what not. It won't show us anything concerning the AI or the fundamentals of the game and whether there programmed appropriately.
But it will show player movement and models in motion, which is where Live has struggled in the past. They've never really had issues with the AI.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #101
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Wow. I am pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to the trailer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #102
MVP

OVR: 30
Wow, that looks incredible but I was a lil disappointed that for releasing just one screenshot, we'd get a better shot of all the players in it. Either way, it's still a beautiful shot.

Oh, the release window comments seem funny now. I know I was upset but neglected to comment because I thought maybe it was to be a compromised release date for PS4 and X1. And maybe the game is that good that MS didn't want word getting out and shifting fence riders with itchy trigger fingers and money to burn to run for PS4 for Live a whole week before X1 launches? I can only dream it's that good. Just hope my pockets can handle two possible good (we know 2K14 will be more than just good for next gen) bball games on my PS4. I used to do both back in the day, same with Madden and NFL2K but times a changed.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #103
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Looking sharp... now for the video.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #104
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
But it will show player movement and models in motion, which is where Live has struggled in the past. They've never really had issues with the AI.
Oh Lord I guess you didn't play past NBA Live's then because that is a humongously false statement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »