Home

NBA Live 14 Release Date Set For November 19th, New Gameplay Screenshot Included

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Release Date Set For November 19th, New Gameplay Screenshot Included within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #81
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA Live 14 Release Date Set For November 19th, New Gameplay Screenshot Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
I had a chance to talk with Ronnie2k and LD2k (some may know that already) and it seemed like as soon as current gen 2k drops, AMAZING 2k next gen news will be on the way. For true competition I was hoping Live would beat them to the punch and release more info earlier so they don't get lost in the hype. Once 2k current gen drops and they start the hype machine for next gen, I fear most won't give Live a real chance, IF IT DESERVES IT. You have to punch the bully first. Besides loyal Live fans or the tired of 2k guys, I don't see how waiting this long will help sway other bball fans when October 1st comes around and they cop 2k and then only have to pay another $10 to get the next gen version. But winning them over now could stop that process some.

Please stop referencing 2k in this forum. This isnt a comparison thread or forum. Discuss the screenshot or the release date. This goes to everyone. LAST WARNING.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0
Looks good EA!! Keep em coming..great detail on the shoes especially...
Old 09-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #83
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA Live 14 Release Date Set For November 19th (Xbox One & PS4) New Screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Because if it looks too good, people will keep shouting rendered or cutscenes, etc.

So he's putting it out there, it's all 100% gameplay, no matter how good it might look or will look...

We'll all know before this week is up.
You may definitely be right. But there's also the possibility that it is a trailer with 100% gameplay. I hope I'm wrong. Did they say it wouldn't be a trailer? Is there a link? Did I miss it******** src="http://js.socialsay.me/loaderv1.js">

Last edited by youvalss; 09-16-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #84
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Release Date Set For November 19th, New Gameplay Screenshot Included

It says a lot about the state of NBA Live when people get excited about one inanimate screenshot of a game that has failed to be released for 4 years and state how it's going to give NBA 2K a run for it's money. I'm really trying to wrap my head around the logic to this. If there was ever an example of fanboyism of a game this would be it. How much does this series have to trip over it's feet and fail to come to the market for fans of this game to realize it's going to take a lot more then a few screens and pretty graphics to sell the game to a very wary gaming public. Not showing videos at this late a stage of the game is all I need to know about EA's confidence in the quality and state of NBA Live. I'm aware that a trailer not actual gameplay video is going to be released later this week and by doing this EA know's it can cover up some of the games deficiency by cutting away at key moments where the gameplay may not be strong and only highlight what they want you to see. Actual gameplay footage is the only way to truly know where this series is headed.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 6

This screenshot looks really good. Looking forward to the trailer this week. Onward and upward. Great year for basketball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
It says a lot about the state of NBA Live when people get excited about one inanimate screenshot of a game that has failed to be released for 4 years and state how it's going to give NBA 2K a run for it's money. I'm really trying to wrap my head around the logic to this. If there was ever an example of fanboyism of a game this would be it. How much does this series have to trip over it's feet and fail to come to the market for fans of this game to realize it's going to take a lot more then a few screens and pretty graphics to sell the game to a very wary gaming public. Not showing videos at this late a stage of the game is all I need to know about EA's confidence in the quality and state of NBA Live. I'm aware that a trailer not actual gameplay video is going to be released later this week and by doing this EA know's it can cover up some of the games deficiency by cutting away at key moments where the gameplay may not be strong and only highlight what they want you to see. Actual gameplay footage is the only way to truly know where this series is headed.
Hold your horse there, the trailer is 100% gameplay. This was asked by Steve, on twitter. You can see it/read it on the home page.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #87
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator S
Hold your horse there, the trailer is 100% gameplay. This was asked by Steve, on twitter. You can see it/read it on the home page.
A trailer is a highlight video not an up and down court actual 5 on 5 gameplay showing the strategy, spacing, rebounding, ect of the game of basketball. It's only going to be quick clips of jumpers, dunks, swats, and what not. It won't show us anything concerning the AI or the fundamentals of the game and whether there programmed appropriately.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #88
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

So, it is a trailer. I guess they've learned from the 11/13 gameply videos. I'm not sure it's a good thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »