Home

NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Soon, New Screenshots & Details This Week

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Soon, New Screenshots & Details This Week within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Never seen this much excitement for screenshots? Man, give me gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #66
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Soon, New Screenshots & Details This Wee

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Cant wait. I've got high hopes for Live. New gen = clean slate for me. Level playing field. Lets wait until we get our hands on it before we start counting them out. Lets also wait until we get our hands on 2k before we crown them king.
I have always said IMO the champ is the champ until they are beat. All ties goto the champ you want it you have to take it. If you force your comp to not release a game you get the benefit of the doubt LOL.

I believe live will release a very good game that will have flaws that show they just need more time to flesh the game out. Expect some very real improvements on the genre and some very real limitations of only working for a couple years.

We could have a situation where live is the best sim game but 2k is the better overall game.

I would expect 2k to win the animation war this year but live to edge them on controls but iive will probably lack depth in some animation and gameplay area's.

While at the same time live being stunningly accurate in things that matter to SIM gamers while others won't be able to get past what they don't do well to appreciate it fully.

That is how I see it playing out. Oh and because it will be descent and do a few things 2k doesn't live fans will incorrectly name it king because its actually descent.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #67
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Soon, New Screenshots & Details This Wee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I have always said IMO the champ is the champ until they are beat. All ties goto the champ you want it you have to take it. If you force your comp to not release a game you get the benefit of the doubt LOL.

I believe live will release a very good game that will have flaws that show they just need more time to flesh the game out. Expect some very real improvements on the genre and some very real limitations of only working for a couple years.

We could have a situation where live is the best sim game but 2k is the better overall game.

I would expect 2k to win the animation war this year but live to edge them on controls but iive will probably lack depth in some animation and gameplay area's.

While at the same time live being stunningly accurate in things that matter to SIM gamers while others won't be able to get past what they don't do well to appreciate it fully.

That is how I see it playing out. Oh and because it will be descent and do a few things 2k doesn't live fans will incorrectly name it king because its actually descent.
U getting both ? What system
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #68
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
U getting both ? What system
Yes, def getting both. PS4. I might have to get an xbox if we can't capture on ps4 with external equipment but my ps4 is paid for.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Yes, def getting both. PS4. I might have to get an xbox if we can't capture on ps4 with external equipment but my ps4 is paid for.
I'm guessing that the XBO and PS4 would be close to the same in terms of external recording. But there is always a workaround. I have my PS3 set up to record through HDMI just like my XBox.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #70
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Well, the title does say this week for this info. So I'm guessing it's coming today.....

Edit: Hopefully it's not more Kyrie Irving screens.....lets get some new players to take a look at.

Last edited by Mintsa; 09-13-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #71
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

One thing that continues to baffle me about EA Sports supporters is that it seems no matter what quality of product EA Sports actually puts out, they will back them. I often wonder about EA Sports approach to investing in marketing, visual stills and User control instead of overall game play quality and attention to detail but it seems to payoff. As someone that has bought Madden this entire console gen, except for this year, mainly because it's the only NFL game there has been, I can't see how when given a choice people are brand loyal to EA Sports, especially NBA Live.

I'm not referring to those saying they want NBA Live to be competitive, which is good for the basketball gaming genre as a whole but those touting the return of NBA Live as if it retired gracefully, instead of being shamed into exile. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
They aren't new screens? They are screen caps from the trailer.
Actually they're not caps. If you look at the trailer, he's walking straight towards the screen and then faces the screen. These screen caps, he's looking at the floor and his legs are slightly spread instead of just being as if he's walking towards the screen. I know it's being picky and eventhough they're new screens, it's nothing new, but from what I can tell, they're not from the trailer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »