Home

OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA will draw me in big time if they bring over their CFM/CCM from Madden. I love how they do it, and if they also get the interactive draft classes I'm sold. Association and the terrible default draft classes that 2K has can be annoying. If EA does that they got me.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 30
Of course Live has a chance...maybe. I was of the mind that with the new tech and all that is on the line for EA, it should be decent, if not surprise us all and be above our expectations, however, I had to think about how long it's been worked on because Live 13 never released and I would think they were at least trying to get that puppy up and running with almost an all hands on deck before eventually pulling the plug on it.

I would certainly believe they had some of their resources getting next gen prepped with PCs but there a bunch of questions about what's been going on behind the scenes and for how long with this version of Live 14.

Hope that/those 5 on 5 vid/vids is/are coming real soon...like manana....
Old 09-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry1523
That's your opinion but if you really look at it what's the biggest change from 2k12 to 2k14 maybe its the best game to go against the cpu but going online your telling me these are the best games??? the defense doesn't get back, the 1-3-1 zone is god like there is barely any defense played scrubs get away with more bs in these last 2 games than ever before and if you don't think so how many times have you lost to someone who had the heat and did a spin dunk with LeBron James all game long?? Or swivel with players like Carmelo at the 3pt line and hit 3s all game? To me the last decent 2k was 2k11 I'm not knocking 2k just saying they been taking it easy these last couple years because they had no comp and I believe that after its said and done Live will outsell 2K
I hear your concerns, but I've played 2k14 and even on demo build the defense is vastly improved. I'm not much of an online gamer, because to be honest with you it will ALWAYS be cheese. No matter who makes the game, it will always just be a game and open to exploits. Unfortunately, defense and simulation have NEVER been NBA Live's strong suit, so I don't think your particular grievances will be addressed anytime soon. Personally, the jump to me with 2k12 over 11 was subtle, but the animations and control stick for 2k13 was a huge jump. This year it's defense. 2k isn't anywhere close to perfect, but perfection takes time. Here they are, around 14 years into tweaking the game and it still needs help. It's almost unbelievable to think Live can come out the gate and just get it right, when they haven't been able to do that in almost a decade. True the online may be more stable, but would you rather drive a bucket on a smooth street or a Bentley on a slightly bumpy one??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #36
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Absolutely, It will definitely be nice to have another option out there. 2k has been pretty stale over the last few years imo, and hopefully live can breathe some new life into video game hoops. EA has had time now to sit back and watch, no its time to show and prove
Old 09-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #37
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Where's all this 2k hate coming from?? I hope Live can come back and at least be viable one day, but I'm reading people taking crazy shots at 2k for the last couple of games. 2k11, 12 and 13 are easily the best 3 basketball games I've ever played and I've played them all (Double Dribble, Arch Rivals, Jam, Showdown, Live etc). Each of the last 3 games made significant improvements in my mind and having played 2k14 (demo build), they've done it again. I'm all for honesty, but to bash something unfairly to prop up the one you love is ridiculous. Even EA tips it hat to 2k11, 12 and 13 when they cancelled their games and said they couldn't compete at this time.
I hear you. There's a type of hypocrisy with it. It frustrates me.

Often times, the people who bash a company for pushing "fluff back of the box features" are the same people who don't recognize when a game focuses on improving the under the hood elements that are essential to making the gameplay better.

For example, I keep seeing people rip 2K for adding blocked dunks, ignoring the fact that the blocked dunks are just one aspect of an entirely new shot-blocking system. Core gameplay!

Plus, 2K did a huge overhaul of defensive rotations this year, making them significantly more realistic. It's not a "marketing" feature, and people choose to ignore it. Core gameplay again!
Old 09-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2
tell me why does ricky rubio look like a chinese mario brother
Old 09-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5
Nba live needs to show some gameplay vids...maybe do a live stream
Old 09-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #40
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
I hear your concerns, but I've played 2k14 and even on demo build the defense is vastly improved. I'm not much of an online gamer, because to be honest with you it will ALWAYS be cheese. No matter who makes the game, it will always just be a game and open to exploits. Unfortunately, defense and simulation have NEVER been NBA Live's strong suit, so I don't think your particular grievances will be addressed anytime soon. Personally, the jump to me with 2k12 over 11 was subtle, but the animations and control stick for 2k13 was a huge jump. This year it's defense. 2k isn't anywhere close to perfect, but perfection takes time. Here they are, around 14 years into tweaking the game and it still needs help. It's almost unbelievable to think Live can come out the gate and just get it right, when they haven't been able to do that in almost a decade. True the online may be more stable, but would you rather drive a bucket on a smooth street or a Bentley on a slightly bumpy one??
No use trying to be logical with some people they need to believe that 2k is a bad game in order to justify getting excited over a game that has failed to launch for 3 years, and has yet to show a single in game unaltered video of the game in action. EA recently released a statement saying they were hard at work on the game and that was enough to get some people excited, which is just sad.

Last edited by coolcras7; 09-12-2013 at 09:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »