Home

OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #25
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12
I am a 2K guy, but I would give Live a shot. I like basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #26
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

I grew up on live . So yeah I'm looking Foward to this reboot.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry1523
These last couple 2k games have been really slacking really hard and since live stop coming out with games 2k hasn't put any effort into their games and I am a die hard 2k fan. It seriously seems like they take features out just to put them back in the following game and use them as a selling point to get you to buy it (ex blocking dunks). Live has the perfect opportunity to come back in a big way and get back there fan base and 2k won't have anyone to blame but themselves and I believe EA will outsell 2K in the next gen
Where's all this 2k hate coming from?? I hope Live can come back and at least be viable one day, but I'm reading people taking crazy shots at 2k for the last couple of games. 2k11, 12 and 13 are easily the best 3 basketball games I've ever played and I've played them all (Double Dribble, Arch Rivals, Jam, Showdown, Live etc). Each of the last 3 games made significant improvements in my mind and having played 2k14 (demo build), they've done it again. I'm all for honesty, but to bash something unfairly to prop up the one you love is ridiculous. Even EA tips it hat to 2k11, 12 and 13 when they cancelled their games and said they couldn't compete at this time.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #28
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Where's all this 2k hate coming from?? I hope Live can come back and at least be viable one day, but I'm reading people taking crazy shots at 2k for the last couple of games. 2k11, 12 and 13 are easily the best 3 basketball games I've ever played and I've played them all (Double Dribble, Arch Rivals, Jam, Showdown, Live etc). Each of the last 3 games made significant improvements in my mind and having played 2k14 (demo build), they've done it again. I'm all for honesty, but to bash something unfairly to prop up the one you love is ridiculous. Even EA tips it hat to 2k11, 12 and 13 when they cancelled their games and said they couldn't compete at this time.
Agreed. 2K will dominate this year again.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #29
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
That's your opinion but if you really look at it what's the biggest change from 2k12 to 2k14 maybe its the best game to go against the cpu but going online your telling me these are the best games??? the defense doesn't get back, the 1-3-1 zone is god like there is barely any defense played scrubs get away with more bs in these last 2 games than ever before and if you don't think so how many times have you lost to someone who had the heat and did a spin dunk with LeBron James all game long?? Or swivel with players like Carmelo at the 3pt line and hit 3s all game? To me the last decent 2k was 2k11 I'm not knocking 2k just saying they been taking it easy these last couple years because they had no comp and I believe that after its said and done Live will outsell 2K
Old 09-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #30
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Ill answer this question after I see some 5-on-5 gameplay.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #31
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4

Considering the fact that 2K hasn't done anything major to its Association mode in the past few years, I'm definitely looking to see what Live has to offer ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0
Matthew Coe: The surprising answer is yes and I'll tell you why with two points. The first reason is because despite the incredibly consistent quality of NBA 2K, some gamers are tired of 2K's style of basketball and are looking to change it up. Even if it means buying an unproven, potentially inferior basketball title. The second reason has to do with NBA Live 14 releasing exclusively on next generation consoles. This was a smart move by EA no matter what your opinion of the game or the company is. It has the advantage of being on new hardware and having unknown potential. The excitement of the game's potential on next-gen hardware can only be a positive.

Having said all of that, EA has to show some 5-on-5 footage and they have to do it soon. Even the fans of the Liveseries are starting to get impatient and that doesn't bode well. I think everyone wants competition in every sports gaming category. If NBA Live 14 releases as a competent basketball title with some simulation elements, and a working franchise/dynasty mode then I think it does have a chance.

NBA Live 14 will not beat 2K14 in terms of sales or review scores, but the series will have a chance to come back and regain a small foothold in the NBA basketball gaming market. That's all that EA Sports could realistically hope for right now.

I completely agree with this view of the upcoming release of Live 14 & 2K14, and honestly believe that the time for change is at hand, and having the EA and 2K facing off on the hardwood is only going to benefit us the consumer. Over the past few years its been a let down with only 2K releasing a game, and they have been great games IMO but it's healthy for the genre to have a competitor vying for the No.1 spot and this year with NBA Live making it's comeback the rivalry is on. Personally I agree that NBA 2K has slowed up on innovation & features, but why wouldn't they, it's been just them for 3 years & surely they knew Live wouldn't be out forever need to keep something fresh for the LIve reboot. I understand that we haven't seen any next-gen gameplay from either title yet & I'm not bashing NBA 2K basketball, but if they produce the same game modes as 2K11-13 with the addition of updated rosters, player models, new animations but still quite a few of the old it may just have casual gamers & sim nation looking at Live 14 as a serious alternative. I feel with more than a year to fix past mistakes EA Sports is ready to come out fired up, and this season I'm rooting for the underdog.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »