Home

OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
I think if they start putting info out now then mabey it could build some hype, but it needs to happen today because they dont want to fall behind the 2k next genbhype train and gta 5 is going to shut everything down for a couple of weeks.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #10
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
I'm a 2k die hard fan, and Im in fear that LIve will have an immediate impact regarding sales.
EA's bread and butter ill be with the marketing and advertising dollars. Theyll spend a ton, partner up with a network during the release week, just like they did for Madden25.

The Name NBA resonates with alot of ****** gamers also. 2k has always been viewed as the more complex game to play.. SO that is another area where LIve will have an advantage.

Theyll also make an impact with online, which has been stated in this article.

Finally, Ill always support 2k, Ill check out Live via rental or a relative. At this point in the game I think amongst the OS community the lines are clearly divided. Its either you love 2k or you love Live. I dont think theyll be any defectors from the 2k brand. The ones that do the switch are probably LIve supporters anyways.
What did I just read. Most people don't like live because they haven't released any game for 3 years. What is there to like? If they release a good game I'am sure most people will give it a chance as they should. Why not?

You sound like you're part of the NBA 2K gang or something.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #11
Rookie

TheXFactor12345's Arena

OVR: 2
I truly feel that as long as they feature a EA Sports Basketball League mode with created Pro's they will blow 2k away
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #12
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
What did I just read. Most people don't like live because they haven't released any game for 3 years. What is there to like? If they release a good game I'am sure most people will give it a chance as they should. Why not?

If they release a good game alot will be forgiven for the most part, but you can't blame people for being upset with the live series this current generation. The thing not to like is they left their fans out to dry. They could've even put together a game good enough to be released. For three years at that. When has that ever happened before with a major franchise that released yearly that was successful?

Not to mention they would've released a terrible game to the public and thought nothing of it if they weren't so embarrassed by a demo video that went viral.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 8
Live stands a chance, but it will be hard. It's been a looooong time since EA nailed 5 on 5 basketball accurately and it didn't get any easier. The nuance and detail we demand now as gamers grows every year and you have to be active and working to keep up. 2k has been putting games out continuously and they're still issues they need to address. Look at Madden and how long that game has been around and the legacy issues we find there. EA hasn't had much time (they were working on Live 13 before cancellation) to work on this next gen game so it will be a work in progress in my mind. Even with that, I may still pick it up to see where they are in the process, but my expectations are very low.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #14
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
If they release a good game alot will be forgiven for the most part, but you can't blame people for being upset with the live series this current generation. The thing not to like is they left their fans out to dry. They could've even put together a game good enough to be released. For three years at that. When has that ever happened before with a major franchise that released yearly that was successful?

Not to mention they would've released a terrible game to the public and thought nothing of it if they weren't so embarrassed by a demo video that went viral.
That's fine but people shouldnt be worried that Live releases a good game. It would actually be great in many ways.

I'am still far from convinced that Live 14 will be good though.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1
Don't care about all star weekend things.
Don't care about street-balling.
Don't care how many sneakers I can buy my player.

JUST WORK AS WELL ONLINE THAN IT DOES OFF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni

when it comes to sports IM a 2k guy,
other than that I dont have any idea what you are commenting about. Explain yourself please.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »