Home

NHL 14 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NHL 14 Review (360/PS3)

It's a very beginner friendly game. The only real obstacle is learning all the rules of hockey.

If you have a buddy to play with online, you'll have a blast.

I've gotten three of my friends into the sport of hockey by introducing them to this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #26
Rookie

Bleak5170's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
It's a very beginner friendly game. The only real obstacle is learning all the rules of hockey.

If you have a buddy to play with online, you'll have a blast.

I've gotten three of my friends into the sport of hockey by introducing them to this game.
And heck, if you don't want to learn the rules there's also anniversary mode which is an absolute blast.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

I caved in and bought it.. The gameplay is actually better than I thought it would be.. If they just get a tuner to make fights for goons mainly and on boarding hits I'd be happier.. I hope they make each team play their style of play so u adjust strategies and make players more unique in skills and abilities.. Next year lets pray for NBC team to take over presentation.. Passed on madden
Old 09-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #28
Just started!

Appreciate the input. Ill pick it up today. Is there a general preference for system to play it, 360 vs ps3? Controls better on either or overall? Ive got both.
. If its anything like what I've seen, more people normally play online with 360. Thx again.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #29
Rookie

Bleak5170's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded1nfidel
Appreciate the input. Ill pick it up today. Is there a general preference for system to play it, 360 vs ps3? Controls better on either or overall? Ive got both.
. If its anything like what I've seen, more people normally play online with 360. Thx again.
I'm a multi-console owner and swear no allegiance to any company. Because of that I like to do my research before deciding which version to get. 99% of the time EA games look and run a little better on the 360, (simple reason is they are developed on that console and ported over to the PS3). Plus there seems to be more people playing online on that system as well, despite the fact you don't have to pay to play on the PS3.

So that is why I like to get most of these games on the 360, (aside from those which force you to have Gold for roster updates like Madden does). On and you can't deny the 360 controller is superior for sports and shooters, (at least for me it is).
Old 09-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #30
Rookie

this is why you need a mod box. i just a got a spare modded box because if im plunking down close to 700 bucks with games for an xbox one there is no way im getting stuck up for 60 bucks every couple weeks along the way
Old 09-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #31
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphins88
Ya the game needs more realism.. Not enough separation between players skills and each team should play differently... Hopefully 2k make a realistic hockey game on next gen if EA won't ... I'm canceling my preorder and wait for a price drop
I dunno, I definitely can tell the difference between players. Tried pulling off a spin move with Brian Boyle and lost the puck. Tried it with Rick Nash and it worked perfectly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut
I dunno, I definitely can tell the difference between players. Tried pulling off a spin move with Brian Boyle and lost the puck. Tried it with Rick Nash and it worked perfectly.
Ya agreed they r finally making players play differently and skill differentiation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »