Home

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Arrives Tuesday For PS3 on PSN ($19.99)

This is a discussion on Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Arrives Tuesday For PS3 on PSN ($19.99) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #33
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Arrives Tuesday For PS3 on PSN ($19.99)

Haven't bought this yet. Still playing OOB. One thing I've noticed in videos I've watched of WI is how short the holes seem to be. I've seen alot of Par 5's where the people are hitting a 9 iron into the green on their 2nd shot. WI seems to be more power based where you can hit long drives and just have easy wedge shots to the green. Not to mention the courses don't appear to be that difficult. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't played WI yet.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #34
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

It's because theyve ruined it a bit with paid dlc. You can only get up to level 3 clubs/balls by unlocking them. Level 4 and 5 MUST be boughten to acquire. And why buy level 4 when you can just go and buy level 5 right away. Basically by doing this it's pay to win and anybody with these purchases can drive the ball like crazy. I like to stick to lower clubs for more of a challenge.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #35
Banned

Steven78's Arena

Also there are a few challenging courses that are tough no matter what equipment you're using.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #36
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan3723
Haven't bought this yet. Still playing OOB. One thing I've noticed in videos I've watched of WI is how short the holes seem to be. I've seen alot of Par 5's where the people are hitting a 9 iron into the green on their 2nd shot. WI seems to be more power based where you can hit long drives and just have easy wedge shots to the green. Not to mention the courses don't appear to be that difficult. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't played WI yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
It's because theyve ruined it a bit with paid dlc. You can only get up to level 3 clubs/balls by unlocking them. Level 4 and 5 MUST be boughten to acquire. And why buy level 4 when you can just go and buy level 5 right away. Basically by doing this it's pay to win and anybody with these purchases can drive the ball like crazy. I like to stick to lower clubs for more of a challenge.
When did they release DLC? I'm wondering if they also did for the Vita version.

Anyway, this was originally created for Vita, so I don't know if that has anything to do with the course difficulty. Some of them got kind of hard though, especially with high winds and tough hole locations.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 09-07-2013, 02:21 AM   #37
Banned

Steven78's Arena

Not sure how long it's been out but if you buy it you get PS3 and Vita versions of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »